Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Bill

Its just turned into Monday for me Kanacki is already in Monday. I have a few Jobs to do today so I will linger briefly tonight.

In answer to your comments I suspect the balloon is deflated Amigo?

Although out of the 4 key names mentioned

We found 3 as an research exercise that was pretty good going? The 4th if there was any records of Guillaume de Beaujeu, aka William of Beaujeu (c. 1230 – 1291) was the 21st Grand Master of the Knights Templar, from 1273 until his death during the siege of Acre in 1291.Templar records was burned in Limmasol Cyprus when it was later attacked. So no joy there

However until the three series of documents are methodically searched we can conclusively say yay or nay although I feel Kanacki's assertions are probably correct.

Successive authors have embellished assumptions and later quasi historians have blown Templar treasure stories all out of proportions. While indeed small Templar caches have been found there is no evidence of any organized great Templar treasure as some conspiracy theorists make out.

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
But there is a manuscript dated 1694 about the Templars that might be of interest.

Dissertation sur la famille et l'innocence du dernier des grands maistres de l'ordre des Templiers », par Ferdinand LampinetMs 811

index.png

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gee I really want to go to bed and I hit some good files.

Histoire de la condamnation des Templiers » ; Procès criminels contre le maréchal Gilles de Raiz, 1440 (f. 60) et le connétable Louis de Luxembourg, comte de Saint-Pol, 1475 (f. 126)

Proces_criminels__btv1b10034019d.JPEG

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks Crow
hmm, only one page loaded

Gidday Bill

Just a teaser amigo. But its late....

I just need time to process the documents both manuscripts have over 550 pages.

So amigo good night for now.

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday amigos

Key words also through those documents is

" cent soixante mille en argent d'or" or "Templier tresor"

Between documents mentioned there is roughly 2000 pages of different cursive writing in old french.

To find a key word cluster to identify any mention of Templar treasury or 160000 gold florins

Crow

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
Hola Crow, stillborn?

am interested, but pig-poop ignorant
the script plus the language makes it difficult, and will need whatever synonyms apply
post or send 5 docs/pages?

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hola Crow, stillborn?

am interested, but pig-poop ignorant
the script plus the language makes it difficult, and will need whatever synonyms apply
post or send 5 docs/pages?

Gidday Bill

I am tied up elsewhere at present.

I am in the process of making a cheeky bid for 12 town houses.

Crow

Yeager

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very interesting thread. Thank you for sharing your methods of research.

I enjoy doing research but all in English. When working through your manuscripts I find myself distracted by trying to translate/read them instead of just scanning.

I hope the three? of you have much success and maybe some day you can share some of your stories with us.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
A very interesting thread. Thank you for sharing your methods of research.

I enjoy doing research but all in English. When working through your manuscripts I find myself distracted by trying to translate/read them instead of just scanning.

I hope the three? of you have much success and maybe some day you can share some of your stories with us.

Gidday yeager its my pleasure. If you dig a little deeper I posted many stories and yarns here on treasurenet dating back about 16 years or so. In the spirit of sharing Stories and bits of research from all over the globe.

Crow

Yeager

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. I'm sure to be doing a lot of reading here and will keep an eye out for your postings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread