Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But not too upset. Actually I'm getting a good laugh out of it. I noticed activity on the security cameras outside the last couple of nights, just eyes in the distance, alarm system is on, no problems. Today I go outside and see my small solar panel charger for the backup battery for my well pump (used if power goes off too long in a monsoon type rain) is simply GONE!

They, yes they, I saw them, just ripped the charger and cable off the terminals and went away with it. Nothing else was touched. I at first thought the lawn guy was to blame, that was my first thought as he ran over a wire last year and killed a previous one.

Upon looking at the video surveillance I spied the culprits who live next door in the woods. Tonight I have set a trap for them.

Do you think the three thieving overweight raccoons will get the three eggs I boiled and left out for them tonight? I set up my trail camera, so might get some pics. But you have to ask yourself, what do three raccoons want with a solar charger? I mean there's no sign of it! Is it for their hot tub? I really want to see them try to wire it up. True story. Life is weird.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But not too upset. Actually I'm getting a good laugh out of it. I noticed activity on the security cameras outside the last couple of nights, just eyes in the distance, alarm system is on, no problems. Today I go outside and see my small solar panel charger for the backup battery for my well pump (used if power goes off too long in a monsoon type rain) is simply GONE!

They, yes they, I saw them, just ripped the charger and cable off the terminals and went away with it. Nothing else was touched. I at first thought the lawn guy was to blame, that was my first thought as he ran over a wire last year and killed a previous one.

Upon looking at the video surveillance I spied the culprits who live next door in the woods. Tonight I have set a trap for them.

Do you think the three thieving overweight raccoons will get the three eggs I boiled and left out for them tonight? I set up my trail camera, so might get some pics. But you have to ask yourself, what do three raccoons want with a solar charger? I mean there's no sign of it! Is it for their hot tub? I really want to see them try to wire it up. True story. Life is weird.
Lol critters are jerks

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They do not have that mask for nothing smokey..:santasmile:.. I have had issues with the racs in times past.
They got into my chicken coop and raised havoc..But I solved the problem eventually
Be ice to see a couple of the camera shots though

Micheal

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've trapped a few of them over the years, occasionally you get a really aggressive one too. I found the best bait for the trap, is a McDonald's burger and fries... at least they get a 'last meal'. :laughing7:

I wonder what it is about your outside wiring that would make them want to steal it. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They left some piles of doodie on the walk. I brushed it off with a stick. Now its raining, I got soaking wet going to the store and back. They TRIED stealing the trail cam but didn't get very far with it. Maybe they needed a power source for their little internet to make dirty raccoon movies. I'll get to the card from the trail camera soon, had a long night. It's at least 7 years old. Put fresh batteries in it. Hope it works.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't feel bad Smokey...I have the same problems with the mischevious little turds..:laughing7:

I've got a rain gutter downspout that feeds into a 4" flex pipe, and then
into a gravel drain. They keep pulling the flex hose off the downspout.
Why? Got no idea..

Now, they come up on my porch and just wait for me to come out of
my shop....then, they give me this look..."Table for four, please."
eating-02.gif

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I slept most of today. Also called an exterminator to clean up the doodie. I'm somewhat freaked out by them (raccoons not exterminators) as they can run faster than me and I've had two rabid ones here in the past. The doodie can contain a parasite that will kill you if it gets into you. So I'm going to try to pay someone to get rid of it and disinfect the area. Apparently that has to be done with fire. At least that's what the CDC says. And you know they are always right! Now you know why I don't go outside at night anymore if I can help it.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There droppings on baled hay can also aid in the horses getting EPM :( !!They are not allowed my barn nor opoussum's either

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I slept most of today. Also called an exterminator to clean up the doodie. I'm somewhat freaked out by them (raccoons not exterminators) as they can run faster than me and I've had two rabid ones here in the past. The doodie can contain a parasite that will kill you if it gets into you. So I'm going to try to pay someone to get rid of it and disinfect the area. Apparently that has to be done with fire. At least that's what the CDC says. And you know they are always right! Now you know why I don't go outside at night anymore if I can help it.
Understandable, Rabid critters can cause problems. I once had to punt a rabid possum that came after me. Raccoons are much quicker and troublesome, at least the rabies makes em a bit slower as it progresses.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, the mountain lion hasn't bee SEEN for 4 years now. HOWEVER, what you can't see can get you. Doodie was taken care of, my neighbor did it. By the book. I put out some mothballs near the walkway to discourage them. They really work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread