🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My 12 year old son got me interested in this amazing hobby from watching a show on national geographic about metal detecting. 3 metal detectors later brought me to this moment.

Over the past 8 years I've met a TON of cool people, detected a TON of amazing places and found an insurmountable amount of american history. But as the old saying goes " all good things must come to and."

I will NEVER stop loving american history, and never stop enjoying all your amazing finds you guys post. Things happen in life and things change which has led me to this difficult point in the past 8 years of my life. I am stepping down from the hobby. Maybe for good, maybe short term.

I have sold every single piece of silver I have ever found except the really cool and really old ones. I did so to get the next chapter of my life off the ground,. venturing off on a new adventure that admittedly isn't as exciting, but promises to fill a void and be maybe as fulfilling as this great hobby.

Guys:

Thank you. Thanks for being such great followers, and such great people. Part of the excitement was all your great reactions to my posts. I feel like I truly made some great friends in this very rewarding hobby. This isnt goodbye, this is sort of a "cya later". Who knows, maybe the spark will reignite someday and I'll be back at it again, but until then, ✌️and good luck on ALL your future hunts!!!

Chris.....

Upvote 31

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best wishes in your new venture/adventure !!! You'll always have your thrills & skills of detecting in your heart & maybe someday in the future, the urge to go out & "buzz" or the need to help the loser of a lost sentiment may get you back into the swing of things for a momentary change of pace. The knowledge you've gained will always be there. CHEERS FELLOW BEEPER !!! "cya later" !! J.T.G.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I can't see me giving it up until I'm not able to walk, however respect your choice & just remember the longer you leave it to come back, the less there is to find.:thumbsup:
Good luck in your new venture.:occasion14:

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I probably won’t give up detecting untilI can’t walk, and even then, who knows, maybe all-plastic wheelchairs will be the rage. All the best on your new endeavors and thank you for all of your posts!

aj

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck. I left for some time and came back to it. I also have parted with 80% of everything I ever found or bought, a lot (most) was given away. Best wishes and like you I'll never give up the love of history.

terrafirma

Sep 9, 2020
new england
Detector(s) used
SE PRO, Safari, Excalibur II, Garrett gold scorpion, Whites PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck on your new adventure!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck in the new adventure.
dts

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best of luck in your new adventures! :occasion14:

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris:

Sorry to hear that you're moving on to other interests but wish you all the best. I've contemplated such changes as well, feeling as though I'm one dug shotgun shell away from trading in my detector for a golf bag. But I always seem to manage an exceptional find sooner or later that keeps me going. Safe to say that I'm a lifer. I'll give up my detector when the mortician pries it from my cold, dead hands. Till then, hope to hear from you again sooner or later.

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fair winds and following seas...
Soli Deo Gloria!

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best of luck Chris on all of your future adventures. I have very much viewing your many great posts ( with many great finds) over the years. Hope to see you back here one day.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope the best for you... it takes a strong mind and a true heart to make big, life changing decisions. Good luck and cya later

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My 12 year old son got me interested in this amazing hobby from watching a show on national geographic about metal detecting. 3 metal detectors later brought me to this moment.

Over the past 8 years I've met a TON of cool people, detected a TON of amazing places and found an insurmountable amount of american history. But as the old saying goes " all good things must come to and."

I will NEVER stop loving american history, and never stop enjoying all your amazing finds you guys post. Things happen in life and things change which has led me to this difficult point in the past 8 years of my life. I am stepping down from the hobby. Maybe for good, maybe short term.

I have sold every single piece of silver I have ever found except the really cool and really old ones. I did so to get the next chapter of my life off the ground,. venturing off on a new adventure that admittedly isn't as exciting, but promises to fill a void and be maybe as fulfilling as this great hobby.

Guys:

Thank you. Thanks for being such great followers, and such great people. Part of the excitement was all your great reactions to my posts. I feel like I truly made some great friends in this very rewarding hobby. This isnt goodbye, this is sort of a "cya later". Who knows, maybe the spark will reignite someday and I'll be back at it again, but until then, ✌️and good luck on ALL your future hunts!!!

Chris.....

So....is this later enough? :icon_scratch:

Actually? I had missed this one altogether!

Whether you come back to the hobby or not, the prayers are still for life to work as you desire.

Good luck, Chris! To you and yours.

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never say never and be safe, healthy because life is short.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread