the "Tobe Hill Mine" Vast Treasure in Ozarks.

Rebelsmom

Jan 17, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reptwar1; glad you liked my story. Grandpa was only six years old when the family went to Cass but he remembered that great grandpa had found a rock splattered with gold . He was able to have him and great grandma wedding bands made from it. So yes there is gold in Arkansas. Hope you have fun looking and wish you the best. Rebelsmom

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Honest Samuel; I know right? It was a strange story but since the friend was the operator of the bull dosser and had no reason to lie , it could be possible . And the friend hasn't been heard from since. I don't know about moonshiners these days for profit, some still do it for personal use had some given to me a little while back, nasty stuff. We did run on to a marijuana field once didn't stick around there for long, lol.

Great read, Rebelsmom!
I have had my ears turned a few times, to listen to folks talk about “ the lost Louisiana “ , and read a bit about selling shares, here in Madison county.
Non of those were near as interesting as yours, with family members involved, and photos that prove the story.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Now, a little bit about moonshiners..

My dad was an ABC (Alcohol Beverage Control) agent over 1/3 of Arkansas for several years.
He had one conversation with Sheriff Ralph Baker when he was in office.
It was basically “ Call me, if you need me.”
My family moved into Madison county in 1972, shortly after that Dad started his career in law enforcement. We all knew Ralph.
Heck, I worked for him for almost a year.

I guess my point is that there are still a lot of Shiners out there, and it’s a good way to get shot, if you don’t know what and who you’re messing with if you go out there alone.
Franklin and Newton counties are about the same.

I have found two stills, while following old trails and discovered that I could walk backwards pretty fast and quietly!!

Happy hunting.

#/;0{>~

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose that we should all thank Jeff of pa, for bringing the article that brought us into the subject, to begin with.

Thanks Jeff!!!

There is a GPAA claim site, just north of that newly renovated road, just before you cross the first bridge.

Just past the bridge on the other side of the road there is a large boulder with a house close by. I walked down as close as I felt safe, and took a good long look at it with my binoculars and found a few markings on it and then caught a glimpse of a fella looking back at me and I sorta waved and he kept walking towards me.
Long talks with friends and partners had not mentioned the stone or the fella with the angry-like face that was looking a little too close thru the binoculars.

I really wanted to have a conversation with him but my feet and legs didn’t agree.
My mind felt like one sheep [emoji207] and two wolves [emoji191][emoji191] voting on what to eat for breakfast, so I found myself back at the truck, and just in time to see a truck turn into the driveway with several “ NO TRESPASSING “
signs posted.

Somehow, following him In seemed like a safer choice. I had never been to an outing on that site before, and I was a little intimidated by the signs.

By the end of the day I had one spec of that shiny yeller stuff , had a great pot luck, and got to meet the land owner. He told me that the power-line
And pole light on the campground, were all on the then Governor.

Bill Clinton had a short vacation there. Once his security team was sure that they could protect him.

I had to ask the landowner,”Why there?”
His response was , pease, quiet, and a [emoji102] around for the Lost Louisiana!!

Makes me want to go knock on the fella’s door all the more.

#/;0{>~

AprilJoyy

Sep 27, 2019
Ozark, Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebelsmom

reptwar1; glad you liked my story. Grandpa was only six years old when the family went to Cass but he remembered that great grandpa had found a rock splattered with gold . He was able to have him and great grandma wedding bands made from it. So yes there is gold in Arkansas. Hope you have fun looking and wish you the best. Rebelsmom

Hi my name is April and my grandpa is Jesse Jones. He is the one you wrote about where your grandpa hunted on his land and found markings. I was wondering if you had any more stories from your grandpa about my family? He always told us stories but I was young and never appreciated them. Im trying to find more information on the caves and markings on his property. My mom and her siblings all have articles and stories but i never realized the story you told so its very interesting. My email is [email protected]. I would love to talk to you more about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread