May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally the recent chilly wind has mostly dried off the surface mud, so a lot less sticky today. Which means we could manage 6 hours gridding.
However, our Silver Streak that started on the 24th Dec 22 has come to an end. Had to happen at some point although we both guessed some silver today, so got that wrong. I guessed 6 scrappies, which was correct.

6 Scrappies - 1 double pierced
Unknown 18th C Pewter Militia Button
Hunts Button
Medieval Buckle
WWI Sherwood Foresters Cap Badge (Think it's my first one)
Lead Token
Blank 17th C Token
2.5 Rose Farthings
2 Leather Mounts
Roman Key Handle (Nice find Cru'dad)
Rare 6th C Saxon Gold Chip Carved Mount (most likely a frag of a Shield Mount)

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG

Upvote 32

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally the recent chilly wind has mostly dried off the surface mud, so a lot less sticky today. Which means we could manage 6 hours gridding.
However, our Silver Streak that started on the 24th Dec 22 has come to an end. Had to happen at some point although we both guessed some silver today, so got that wrong. I guessed 6 scrappies, which was correct.

Hunts Button
Medieval Buckle
Lead Token
Blank 17th C Token
2.5 Rose Farthings
2 Leather Mounts

View attachment 2067158 View attachment 2067159 View attachment 2067160 View attachment 2067161 View attachment 2067162 View attachment 2067163 View attachment 2067165 View attachment 2067166
Very Cool!!!! Congrats!!!!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hunts Button
Medieval Buckle
Lead Token
Blank 17th C Token
2.5 Rose Farthings
2 Leather Mounts

View attachment 2067158 View attachment 2067159 View attachment 2067160 View attachment 2067161 View attachment 2067162 View attachment 2067163 View attachment 2067165 View attachment 2067166
Is there a key in your collection that would match the key handle? What is the star designed bit , 3rd frame down...cool design...

Fascinating as usual Cru'

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When clothes got tossed the buttons are all that survives the ravages of nature, especially if water and mechanical forces are involved to concentrate them.

it should also be considered the fact that back then people, especially those with very little money, owned very few clothes. Those articles of clothing would see a lot of use, which of course led to the loss of buttons and the need for constant mending.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a key in your collection that would match the key handle? What is the star designed bit , 3rd frame down...cool design...

Fascinating as usual Cru'
The main bit of the key that is nearly always missing is the iron bit. Either broken or if lost whole was rusted away/broken off later by ploughing.

Its a silver plated button, Cru'dad thought he had a hammered for a second...

Last edited:

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main bit of the key that is nearly always missing is the iron it. Either broken or if lost whole was rusted away/broken off later by ploughing.

Its a silver plated button, Cru'dad thought he had a hammered for a second...
Fascinating about the key...I do like the button...but it would have been nice to start up the silver streak again...

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the finds! I enjoyed learning a little bit about the Sherwood Forresters.

Swamp Fox

Sep 22, 2019
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett A T Pro Garrett A T Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quite a variety

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fascinating about the key...I do like the button...but it would have been nice to start up the silver streak again...
It was the first day we didn't get a silver, so it would have continued the Streak from the 24th Dec, not started a new one. Hopefully next visit will do that....

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was the first day we didn't get a silver, so it would have continued the Streak from the 24th Dec, not started a new one. Hopefully next visit will do that....
What's your record streak? Starting from December 24....maybe a new category for the Guinness book of records? :)

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's your record streak? Starting from December 24....maybe a new category for the Guinness book of records? :)
No idea to be honest, don't track them that closely. In recent years we seem to have a habit of small streaks then 1 blank followed by a small streak & 1 blank & so on. This one was longer than average.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cru'dad crunched the Stats & came up with a better answer than my guess;

''By the way info on your longest Silver streaks in 2022 onwards:
16 Apr - 25 Jun - 14 Outings
22 Aug - 21 Oct - 7 Outings
26 Nov - 12 Dec - 6 Outings
24 Dec 22 - 28 Jan 23 - 10 Outings''

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always enjoy the post from the U.K. You fella's live on a treasure trove type of island. I'm envious. And I will say that I've just finished my second time around on the 3 season series, "The Detectorist". Love the theme song. Good finds Crusader. What a day it would be detecting with you fella's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread