May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally the recent chilly wind has mostly dried off the surface mud, so a lot less sticky today. Which means we could manage 6 hours gridding.
However, our Silver Streak that started on the 24th Dec 22 has come to an end. Had to happen at some point although we both guessed some silver today, so got that wrong. I guessed 6 scrappies, which was correct.

6 Scrappies - 1 double pierced
Unknown 18th C Pewter Militia Button
Hunts Button
Medieval Buckle
WWI Sherwood Foresters Cap Badge (Think it's my first one)
Lead Token
Blank 17th C Token
2.5 Rose Farthings
2 Leather Mounts
Roman Key Handle (Nice find Cru'dad)
Rare 6th C Saxon Gold Chip Carved Mount (most likely a frag of a Shield Mount)

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG

Upvote 32

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The main bit of the key that is nearly always missing is the iron bit. Either broken or if lost whole was rusted away/broken off later by ploughing.

Its a silver plated button, Cru'dad thought he had a hammered for a second...
very awesome example, love that button

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A trip through time with every post- fantastic finds! The silver streak will start anew with your next hunt.

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always enjoy the post from the U.K. You fella's live on a treasure trove type of island. I'm envious. And I will say that I've just finished my second time around on the 3 season series, "The Detectorist". Love the theme song. Good finds Crusader. What a day it would be detecting with you fella's.
Love the "Detectorist's"
Great series!

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Always enjoy the post from the U.K. You fella's live on a treasure trove type of island. I'm envious. And I will say that I've just finished my second time around on the 3 season series, "The Detectorist". Love the theme song. Good finds Crusader. What a day it would be detecting with you fella's.
Off topic, but the 2022 Detectorists Christmas special can now be seen in the US on Acorn TV (seven day free trial, or $6/month) and probably on other services. Worth watching if you liked the original three seasons.

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off topic, but the 2022 Detectorists Christmas special can now be seen in the US on Acorn TV (seven day free trial, or $6/month) and probably on other services. Worth watching if you liked the original three seasons.
Just watched it...it was brilliant....and painful to watch....I don't want to say too much and spoil it for others...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread