The Treasures of Tayopa

OldBillinUT

Feb 7, 2004
Hey TT It sounds like you would be well provisioned for a trip. That is some rugged but beautiful country you have there. Do I have my wires crossed or wasn't there a legend about a nun that was sealed in one of the Tayopa shafts or is that another show ? Are you anywhere near parrot hill ? There is a walled lot there that I am curious about. Not a treasure deal just real estate.

OB 10-8

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=Oroblanco link=Tropical Tramp wrote: ]His Tayopa #1 near Guaynopa and is still to be found with it's treasures.[/color]

OOPS ORO, #1 near guaynopa is still to be found, bu "the" Tayopa, that all of the stories etc are associated with, is # 3, this is the one that I have .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tropical Tramp

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=djui
What cost $2,000,000 in 1800 would cost $21,686,051.47 in 2005 according to the inflation calculator. Add some for historical value and we are probably looking at $50,000,000 or so

Hi djui, rmember it was left there in "1630-40". To get a true perspective on value for those times, remember an average worker earned around .50 cents a month - if he was lucky and wasn't a slave..

Tropical Tramp

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=OldBillinUT
That is some rugged but beautiful country you have there.
I love it sigh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do I have my wires crossed or wasn't there a legend about a nun that was sealed in one of the Tayopa shafts or is that another show ?

Frankly I haven't heard about that Bill, Interesting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you anywhere near parrot hill ? There is a walled lot there that I am curious about.

Unfortunately there are a hundred Parrot hills, Called that from configuration or because of the yearly gathering of of Parrots by the thousands for propagation purposes. You have never hear such noise sheehs. .Even my Mule couldn't take it.

Any more details?

Tropical Tramp

OB 10-8
[/quote]

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi bill, here is the atual location. Let me know if you want a report. It was built into the side of the Hill "Los Pericos". mostly rock area.

On Picture on the net---

#1 Looking SE towards the Cerro de Los Pericos.

#2 Looking towards the NW. Alamos center is approx 200 - 300 meters.

#3 Looking to the SE, side of the Cerro de los Pericos.

#4 Same.

#5 Looking towards the NW Alamos center lies on the left.

NO night life in Aamos except for noisy bars and the internet heheheh..

Map is orientated to the North.
Tropical Tramp

Attachments

• alamosmap  Bill\'s interest  im lot.jpg
    alamosmap Bill\'s interest im lot.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 2,046

OldBillinUT

Feb 7, 2004
Hey thanks again TT are they asking too much for a rock hill ? I was thinking of a earth contact type of structure. I can see that I would have to take a look to see if it would be suitable. Having a zillion parrots for neighbors may not be the best choice.

I appreciate you checking it for me

OB

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bill, no parrots any more, just a sort of lovers lane, Remember? hehehe

Frankly I think so, there are many many othes available.

Tropical Tramp

Attachments

24.8 KB · Views: 2,012
    24.8 KB · Views: 2,005
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello my friends: Tayopa is still a go. My recent sale of the Escondida will easily give me enough money to finally get the last of the permits and finish up the job. A little more patience and we will finish up the saga of TAYOPA".

I may be taking that group back up to Tayopa to finish up the search for the metal door. My Friend that had the heart attack had once found it. He had tried to break the lock with a rock but was unable to do so.

When he went back later, he could not find it again.

Headquarters at Tayopa

I will post more pictures again.

Don Jose de La Mancha

headquarters.jpg

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Real de Tayopa said:
Hello my friends: Tayopa is still a go. My recent sale of the Escondida will easily give me enough money to finally get the last of the permits and finish up the job. A little more patience and we will finish up the saga of TAYOPA".

Congrats my friend!!! Best of luck and God Speed. ;D

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Welcome Cat Jockey and pleased to E-meet you; hope that at some point in future we can meet in person, nothing like sharing hot coffees (or hot cocoas, or hot teas, depending on personal preferences) around the campfire. Maybe you can help us talk Don Jose' aka Real de Tayopa, aka Tropical Tramp, aka la Gringo de la Mancha**, into setting up some kind of Tayopa hunters rendezvous some day? The Dutch hunters have been doing this for some years, and (just my opinion) I think it would be a great thing for those of us who look for Tayopa, even if only in the pages of old books. There is a somewhat similar meet for the Pegleg Smith crowd too, but has a slightly different approach and have never attended it.

I don't know if our amigo Lamar is still following this thread in particular, may have to send him a PM if you wish to get his response.

Please do continue, thank you for joining us and I look forward to the posts to come. :read2: :thumbsup:
Oroblanco, your friendly resident heretic

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

***per la Mancha moniker, this is some indication of the mean side of ye afortunado dueno de la minas y Real de Tayopa; he has no sympathies even for an innocent and defenseless windmill! :o :o :o ;D***

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense
Welcome Cat Jockey, anyone who is a friend of RDT is a friend of ..... well...RDT :laughing7:
Dont be fooled by RDT though, he will steal your treasure map and your socks while you sleep, He has strange thing for sock coffee.
I look forward to your posts, even though I am alittle confused at this point as you said LUE, perhaps you will tie it in to Tayopa ?
Don't worry to much about Lamaar, God made me an athiest, so who is Lamaar to question his wisdom ? :laughing7:

:coffee2: :coffee2: << dont drink the one on the left it is RDTs and was made with a sock

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hmm, just struck me; we are an unusual group, no? Among our number are found a self professed saint (RDT) a possible evangelist, a heretic and an atheist. Should our Tayopa debate falter, what ever shall we find to talk about? :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :laughing9: :laughing7: :tongue3: <heh heh>

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense
Oroblanco said:
Hmm, just struck me; we are an unusual group, no? Among our number are found a self professed saint (RDT) a possible evangelist, a heretic and an atheist. Should our Tayopa debate falter, what ever shall we find to talk about? :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :laughing9: :laughing7: :tongue3: <heh heh>

The weather ? :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread