The Trouble With A Buried Treasure

OP
OP
Legend Buster

Legend Buster

Dec 26, 2021
It's lots of fun to think you have definetly found the exact location of a treasure and to hold onto that information for 30 years but not go dig it up because of some silly law. You must have lots of restraint. This is all for fun. If you are serious about making a fortune you should have put money into some solid mutual funds 30 years ago and today you would have a pile of money.
The restraint comes from my love of the legend and wanting to solve it. It can't be retrieved without permission

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The restraint comes from my love of the legend and wanting to solve it. It can't be retrieved without permission

"Wanting to solve it" ? I thought you already "solved it" ? You are on record as saying you've "found" (past tense) it.

But I get it : It's in the curious definition of the word "found" and "solved". hhhhmmm

Because yes, these are "solved" and "found". The reason for the restraint (lack of treasure in hand) is always : Government bureaucracy that keeps us from simply going out there and digging it up. (Or lack of financing or whatever).

But rest assured, it's there. Right ?

OP
OP
Legend Buster

Legend Buster

Dec 26, 2021
Great... My other thread on Rick Lagina got locked. As the starter of the thread I want it to be known that I'm not offended and wish to continue my discussions. Have I personally broken a rule?

OP
OP
Legend Buster

Legend Buster

Dec 26, 2021
It's lots of fun to think you have definetly found the exact location of a treasure and to hold onto that information for 30 years but not go dig it up because of some silly law. You must have lots of restraint. This is all for fun. If you are serious about making a fortune you should have put money into some solid mutual funds 30 years ago and today you would have a pile of money.

I'm not serious about making a fortune... I'm serious about making a great documentary about a legendary treasure and the history behind the legends, as well as a new approach which led to discoveries at a new unsearched site, and the possibil;ity the treasure is still there.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... and the possibil;ity the treasure is still there.
L-B. :

An observation on the above sentence : It's not countenancing that perhaps there is or was: *No Treasure*.

These components are hard-wired into the implication of your sentence. That you did indeed find a treasure site. And if it's not there, it *DOESN'T* mean there was or is no treasure. It will mean : Someone got it in the past. Right ?

But at no point will it mean : "No treasure".

It's not countenancing that perhaps you haven't found a location at all. Ie.: That perhaps the legend is a silly ghost-fable camp-fire story in-the-first-place.

Do you understand what we are trying to tell you ??

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Wanting to solve it" ? I thought you already "solved it" ? You are on record as saying you've "found" (past tense) it.

But I get it : It's in the curious definition of the word "found" and "solved". hhhhmmm

Because yes, these are "solved" and "found". The reason for the restraint (lack of treasure in hand) is always : Government bureaucracy that keeps us from simply going out there and digging it up. (Or lack of financing or whatever).

But rest assured, it's there. Right ?
Can we give the grammar lessons a rest. It’s a little much now. You posted 29 times about it. We all get it.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Can we give the grammar lessons a rest. It’s a little much now. You posted 29 times about it. We all get it.

No. Not "all" are getting it. L.B. still has not gotten it.

And we see the same confusion of terms over and over with other legends too. A lot more than 29 times. And no one ever calls them to the carpet on it.

Let's see if L.B. gets it . Do you understand now L.B. ?

jaybreezy58

Aug 19, 2021
south shore massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to UMASS and attain an archaeology degree.Get hired on to the staff of either a State Assn. or University Archaeology Dept. Then you can dig all you want with little regard for the laws passed at the behest of Archaeologists to keep the average citizen from digging any thing other than the bulbs in his flower bed.You get a license to grave rob too,so what are you waiting for?Serious reply to your question,not meant to be obsequious.Edited to add,this way you get to use taxpayer dollars or government grants,which are the same thing and save your own Geetus.Good luck.
Who's to say where you found it? move it back another 100 feet and say you found it there. If a tree falls in the forest..........

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And we see the same confusion of terms over and over with other legends too. A lot more than 29 times. And no one ever calls them to the carpet on it.

Thanks for proving my point.

jaybreezy58

Aug 19, 2021
south shore massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh OH!!!....things are getting real on here...You have your classic internet spell checkers who eat crayons and think the number 8 tastes like yellow. And then you have the regular folk who call the juice box drinking basement dwellers out for being assjockies because they weigh 400 pounds and smell like cole slaw. This is good, im gonna go get my wheat thins and water and sit back and watch the tom foolery

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh OH!!!....things are getting real on here...You have your classic internet spell checkers who eat crayons and think the number 8 tastes like yellow. And then you have the regular folk who call the juice box drinking basement dwellers out for being assjockies because they weigh 400 pounds and smell like cole slaw. This is good, im gonna go get my wheat thins and water and sit back and watch the tom foolery
I thought you preferred saltines?

OP
OP
Legend Buster

Legend Buster

Dec 26, 2021

I understand completely. I was forced to refine my thinking by your comments. I'm not selling a treasure hunt anymore. I'm selling the story of my hunt through history and legends that I will present and an alternative theory of a new location and the possibilities that I may have correctly found the true site of a buried treasure. Tom forced me to realize that I may never be able to convince everyone, but that I might be able to entertain many people with an awesome legend and the history behind those legends and a new possibility nobody else ever thought of. Many people will find my examination of the legends and my conclusions entertaining, if not just to debate my theory.

People watch Oak Island to ponder the possibilities. That's all I have to offer at this point. The possibility that I have discovered something hundreds of others have missed. I started trying to put together a treasure hunt documentary and it's evolved into something marketable.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

it is not your job to call anyone to the carpet.

Do you understand now Tom?

OP
OP
Legend Buster

Legend Buster

Dec 26, 2021
Who's to say where you found it? move it back another 100 feet and say you found it there. If a tree falls in the forest..........
It can't be accessed without permission and I love the history to much. I want to tell this fascinating story!

OP
OP
Legend Buster

Legend Buster

Dec 26, 2021
Moderator,

Please don't lock the thread. I love to debate, I get insight from comments, even negative ones. I'm not at all offended. I'm going to face many critics would don't believe its possible to actually solve a treasure legend. I don't blame people, I'm a skeptic of every treasure tale except this one.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moderator,

Please don't lock the thread. I love to debate, I get insight from comments, even negative ones. I'm not at all offended. I'm going to face many critics would don't believe its possible to actually solve a treasure legend. I don't blame people, I'm a skeptic of every treasure tale except this one.
The thread isn't locked.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread