The Two Idiots at it Again!

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think what these guys are doing compared to what was done in the past is great. They are using the latest technology to try and solve this mystery. I think any of us would love the opportunity to go work with them for a day, I know I would. I think about the surrounding islands there also wondering if those islands could possibly have treasure on them as well. You have to wonder why all these symbols and artifacts are on this island. I think calling them idiots are wrong because like I said, if you had the opportunity and the backing to do it, you would too. I wish them the best of luck and hope they solve the mystery of oak island.

There are hundreds of islands in this area - the old adage is that there are 365 - one for each day of the year. This area was a favoured haunt for privateers and pirates. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if one of these islands had treasure on it still to be found. Considering the history, I'd be surprised if one didn't!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are hundreds of islands in this area - the old adage is that there are 365 - one for each day of the year. This area was a favoured haunt for privateers and pirates. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if one of these islands had treasure on it still to be found. Considering the history, I'd be surprised if one didn't!

What about the Shugborough Hall monument just north of Birmingham, England. It is has the compass readings that are off about a mile or so from Oak Island. Also other documents mention Gloucester Island or Arcadia which is Oak Island with the compass readings. So how many islands does that eliminate. How many has stones with the tree of life and other carvings? Only Oak Island.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did I say at any point I didn't like "the place"? Calling people idiots and morons sounds a lot like bullying to me. If they were members of this forum, would that be tolerated? THAT is what I'm "on about".

Yeah wow I couldn't believe the title to this thread.
Why such a personal attack?

Jealous much?

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are most certainly entitled to your opinion and thanks for responding.But I would rather have my finger nails removed than spend a minute on the island with those two buffons. And the only mystery of Oak Island is why a channel calling itself "The History Channel" would carry a program that has nothing to do with history.

"nothing to do with history"

Since rules probably are against what I would normally reply....

That that statement me thinks turns the pointing finger back at you...

-Cheers

OP
OP
G

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

-Cheers

If I had any idea what you are trying to say I might reply. Wow.... whatever you mean I guess you really got me.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

-Cheers

Likely plenty of history on Oak Island. Glaciation, natives, fishermen and traders from Europe, French and British soldiers, settlers, and then fortune seekers.

But likely no "secret treasure". Still, if they dig one up that would prove there was/is. Place your bets . . .

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
i still have not watched any of this seasons bogus episodes. sooo, anything great that i have missed . huh, huh. my wife still has the parental controls on guys.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i still have not watched any of this seasons bogus episodes. sooo, anything great that i have missed . huh, huh. my wife still has the parental controls on guys.

What? You're NOT watching?
Its more like what Haven't they found!
First they found the Arc, then the Challice, then Marie A's jewels, the also found new Shakespeare works never seen before and a Diamond encrusted copy of ET for Nintendo!

Ya gotta watch... they pretty much find an amazing item every show.
Next week looked like they had Loch ness solved... wont give it all away... gotta watch!

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to see the next episode.

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, and did anyone else for-see the cofferdam leaking?

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, and did anyone else for-see the cofferdam leaking?

I would see some leakage as a routine part of building. But un-fixable leaks? Possibly if they hit large rocks too early and couldn't sink one deep enough, allowing water to escape under it.

It will be interesting to see if it would survive a winter. (or do they dismantle it after digging up all the treasure?)

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I would see some leakage as a routine part of building. But un-fixable leaks? Possibly if they hit large rocks too early and couldn't sink one deep enough, allowing water to escape under it.

Maybe... they could go around any larger rocks?

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leaks in sheet piling are common place , all you can do is run a pump and try to keep up with what comes in and try to patch the leak . they can always pull up the leaking sheets and redrive them. $$$$$$

OP
OP
G

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This entire conversation proves my point; the two idiots are at it again.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The most intriguing post for me yet on one of these threads (goodness knows which one) was the hypothesis that what was on Oak Island was some sort of fish drying/salting operation by the Basques. I have to admit that it has spiked my interest. Could fit the age and reason for the coconut fibres and the manner of construction of Smith's Cove. Would also explain any evidence of a wharf and why the Mi'kmaw narrative is silent on Oak Island. Meeting fishermen would not have seemed out of the ordinary, not would any activities around that fishing. It is not at all inconceivable that we could be dealing with the 13th century. Just my thoughts.....

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could fit the age and reason for the coconut fibres and the manner of construction of Smith's Cove......
I am looking forward to their excavation of Smiths Cove. Smiths Cove, Nolans Cross and the evidence of the swamp being man made are really the only mysteries left about oak Island. In my view the most convincing explanation of the three mysteries is the one supplied by J.Steele in her book that OI was the site of a Naval Stores operation run by the Jesuits using slave labour. This would have Smiths Cove coffer dam being used to keep the area dry and the edge of the dam being where ships were loaded/unloaded for the naval stores operation. The beach was used to dry stuff (probably seafood). The structure found by Dan in SC was some type of building there possibly the base of a crane for loading/unloading ships. The box drains were to drain rain/seepage away from the dammed of area when the tide was up.

Nolan Cross was built by the Jesuits as a place for the slaves to worship/meeting place (or some other religious ceremony). The Swamp was possibly a man made attempt to make a fresh water dam to supply fresh water for the naval stores operation. The money pit and the cave in pit were pine tar kilns.

It is disappointing that the Laginas have brought on every looney they can find but have not even bothered to speak to Joy Steele (She is a local historian)...

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking forward to their excavation of Smiths Cove. Smiths Cove, Nolans Cross and the evidence of the swamp being man made are really the only mysteries left about oak Island. In my view the most convincing explanation of the three mysteries is the one supplied by J.Steele in her book that OI was the site of a Naval Stores operation run by the Jesuits using slave labour. This would have Smiths Cove coffer dam being used to keep the area dry and the edge of the dam being where ships were loaded/unloaded for the naval stores operation. The beach was used to dry stuff (probably seafood). The structure found by Dan in SC was some type of building there possibly the base of a crane for loading/unloading ships. The box drains were to drain rain/seepage away from the dammed of area when the tide was up.

Nolan Cross was built by the Jesuits as a place for the slaves to worship/meeting place (or some other religious ceremony). The Swamp was possibly a man made attempt to make a fresh water dam to supply fresh water for the naval stores operation. The money pit and the cave in pit were pine tar kilns.

It is disappointing that the Laginas have brought on every looney they can find but have not even bothered to speak to Joy Steele (She is a local historian)...

Wow that's interesting info. If they spoke to the historian it would mean a reasonable explanation and further debunk their idiotic claims.....so don't hold your breath. I haven't watched an episode in a long while ; I think two or three seasons ago . At that time they were on the brink of a startling discovery;so have I missed anything?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not quite yet?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread