claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting a small beach that has had some replenishment lately. I was doing mostly wet sand and not getting much, but a few coins. On the way back to the car, I hit a quarter sound on the dry sand.It was getting pretty dark, but when I pulled it, I saw a large gold coin! I put it in my pouch and headed towards the car. I figured it was a token, but it was heavy and substantial feeling. I got back to the car and looked at my find.... I cracked up! I will respect this forum and not get political, but it was funny none the less. Who would take this to the beach? When I got home my husband said, “It looks like real gold”! I laughed and said “Oh it is definitely fake news”!

Attachments

• 8C43B248-83B1-445F-86EA-1B65EA584402.jpeg
    8C43B248-83B1-445F-86EA-1B65EA584402.jpeg
    724.9 KB · Views: 246
  • A6CC719F-B689-4E39-9A8E-D4CA6021D2EB.jpeg
    A6CC719F-B689-4E39-9A8E-D4CA6021D2EB.jpeg
    649.1 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 18

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool find, first one I've seen posted up.
Can't seem to find that one online, lots of different varieties.
Different type Keeper

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice one - congrats !

I spent a few decades diving on shipwrecks and shark fishing off Long Island and Block Island.
Can't imagine what the traffic is like these days !

Good Hunting !

Last edited:

Norwichnut

Jun 5, 2019
S.E connecticut
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/max, Explorer, CTX, Tesoro Tejon, and many other..BUT MY GO TO MACHINE= Equinox 600 stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was detecting a small beach that has had some replenishment lately. I was doing mostly wet sand and not getting much, but a few coins. On the way back to the car, I hit a quarter sound on the dry sand.It was getting pretty dark, but when I pulled it, I saw a large gold coin! I put it in my pouch and headed towards the car. I figured it was a token, but it was heavy and substantial feeling. I got back to the car and looked at my find.... I cracked up! I will respect this forum and not get political, but it was funny none the less. Who would take this to the beach? When I got home my husband said, “It looks like real gold”! I laughed and said “Oh it is definitely fake news”!
I'd love to find one of those !
I think I remember that after 2020 that 10% of sales from them are going to an alzheimers charity hoping it would benefit this country asap

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Good find. Keeper!
Reminds me of a key ring I got years ago, payed 5 bucks not found, of our at the time PM Bob Hawk. Two bob here means 20 cents, the key ring has a picture of him on each side so its Two Bob. Was a real down to earth everyday Aussie and spoke like one, he was a classic.
IMG_20220308_122844_085~2.jpg

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keeper for sure, you may never dig another. wtg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread