The Untold Story of Oak Island that needs to be told- a missing map, fort, and more.

will7782

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TTTeller, you need to understand that there is a cabal of posters here that will refute any idea that Oak Island has any importance whatsoever. To suggest a purpose of the road is for anything but agriculture or logging gets you labled a nut.

I havent the time at the moment to read all your post, but what is your thought as to its purpose ?

OP
OP
T

TTTeller

Mar 21, 2021
North America/ UK
Primary Interest:
Other
TTTeller, you need to understand that there is a cabal of posters here that will refute any idea that Oak Island has any importance whatsoever. To suggest a purpose of the road is for anything but agriculture or logging gets you labled a nut.

I havent the time at the moment to read all your post, but what is your thought as to its purpose ?
I think you're likely right. Quite sorry you haven't the time to read it, as you'll see in the post as in the subsequent comments, it's simply a story I think that should be told as it certainly seems to at the very least be somewhat plausible. To save you valuable time here are the Cliff notes for you:

Young guy comes over from Europe with an army. He is an excellent surveyor. He is rewarded for a job well done with land. The land is known as Mirligueche. There are very many variations of this spelling but let's go with that. The description of the actual tracts of land is quite good, but lacking. The young man, Randin, either ends up owning Oak Island or the land directly in front of it on the point. A fort was actually built on the point at Mirligueche, a lesser known fort. Randin in fact was a 'fort builder' who also built the fort near Kingston. To build a fort you need wood. There are some records of lumber hauling happening all over that area. So it would stand to reason that they'd use the timber from nearby "oak Island." It wold have also been easier to move the logs over water rather than land. The road would have been important because it would simply have made the job easier. That's the gist of my post. That this should be told or investigated because this TV series has spent years finding buttons and tracing far more insane theories when some fairly plausible evidence is sitting right in front of them.

I added in some interesting facts for The Oak Islan Believers, which would add a nice and typical farfetched story arc to the show. The interesting facts are:

Randin dies sort of mysteriously (also accused of some shady business in Kingston) and he leaves all the land to the nuns of the Hotel D'Ieu. No one knows who the land went to after them and the organization has made fairly recent statements saying they simply don't know the facts behind it. The far-fetched hook of the Hotel D'Ieu is that sometime in like the 60's (you'll have to actually read my post bc I can't recall off the top of my head) the Convent is raided by RCMP and loads of "treasures" that were looted from the wars were taken out of its basement. They had been the secret and illegal "war storage" of artworks, valuables etc. There were...duh duh duh... also many chests and things left there that were not related to the looting. Farfetched, you bet ya. A nice story inclusion? Maybe. I think it would be a better 5 minutes than finding another button, and it's just another interesting Canadian History fact - at least I thought so.

The one thing that I really do wish they'd delve into, out of sheer personal interest... and this is your other far-fetched hook... is Randin's map. Randin was an expert map maker too apparently and made two of what were apparently the most important maps of their time. One cuts off at a lower latitude, while the other showed more of the lands further North which would have included Oak Island. Interestingly that map got stolen from the British Archives in the 1850s. And I think it's a sort of cool hook.. Certainly better than buttons.

In the surviving Randin map that resides in Maine, he draws a line directly through his property and Oak Island... duh duh duh... there's another far fetched hook for you.

Bottom line, I'm tired of hearing no one knows who owned the land and what happened there and that no records survive and that no map exists before like 1750. If they're going to keep up the story, I just wish they'd explore some actual facts.

Now, I hope I have simplified this for you. Clearly, the original post has just been too much for people, or in your case, simply far too much to even read in its entirety.

If Oak Island was used for anything it was probably was lumber and maybe a signal station. If there was treasure there, the people must have been pretty happy that they didn't have to much work because the land would have been cleared, a road built, and well it would have been quite hassle-free I would think.

I'll never understand this forum sometimes - there's so much animosity. LOL and here I was going out of my to provide links to everything so I wouldn't have to get flack from keyboard warriors. LOL never again.

I hope this helps clear up my sanity, and maybe just maybe will help could help actually insert some historical knowledge into the Samuel Ball and Button show.

Cheers.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is all quite interesting and would hope someday I could travel there myself just to see the country. Treasure is great but like you I love history....

OP
OP
T

TTTeller

Mar 21, 2021
North America/ UK
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it is all quite interesting and would hope someday I could travel there myself just to see the country. Treasure is great but like you I love history....
Yup, I hear you. I really love research- I know it's strange, and people are going to start the keyboard warriors on that now LOL. But I truly love solving things that you know happened in one way or another-- it's just finding those facts! If you ever hear of or find of a link to any of the/my "factual stuff" (or otherwise I suppose) let me know! :) This is basically where the facts ended.. until of course, the Oak Island story plot begins.

It is a beautiful country there - why would anyone want to be digging in a pit all day? ha. Make sure you do visit it sometime, once there's a new normal! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread