The week starts with a heavy silver bracelet (1 toz) and ends with 4 silvers (1 big silver) a V and a Buffalo

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always text or call my permissions at least a day or 2 beforehand to be sure it is ok if I come out to detect. Monday I was still waiting for a response and the weather was nice for a change so I decided to go to the local dog park. It used to be a pair of ball fields years ago and about 10 or 12 years ago they turned them into a dog park. Before the change I had detected most of the 2 fields pretty thoroughly. I started on the outside of the fences in areas where spectators would have watched the games and then in between people bringing their dogs I did one of the fenced dog areas.

In 4 hours I managed to find 49 coins with a face value of $2.93, a bracelet, a toy tank, 2 keys, a bird band, a small knife, a silver dime and the usual tabs and an slaw.

50BE1DEC-947F-4CC0-B2FA-9F4E9EB295B8.jpeg

The dime is a 1964 in decent shape. It would be better if it was a merc, but it’s silver so I’ll take it. The bracelet is a nice heavy one. It is marked 950 MILOR ITALY. It was in the ground all balled up about 4 inches down by the entrance to one of the dog pens. It has a kink in it that I might be able to work out with a little effort. It weighs 1.01 troy ounces or 31.3 grams.

D5245ADA-9B0D-445F-A566-13E23AE8CEEF.jpeg

The bird band is from a training bird for training retrievers. It is labeled DOKKEN’S DEAD FOWL TRAINER and has a patent number.

EC055CAD-3CA3-4FB2-9BC4-5E0906BD2E27.jpeg

I took my weekly trip to the scout camp. I have done most of camp pretty thoroughly over the past few years and there is not a lot left except all the woods where finds are not likely. I went with low expectations because the spots I was doing don’t usually produce much. Boy was I wrong. It’s a good thing I did them.

In 6.5 hours I found 303 coins with a face value of $20.51, only 15 camp tent pegs, a hatchet head, a dead combination lock, a fork, a knife hook for a scout belt, a sinker, 3 rope tensioners (2 from camp tents and 1 from a personal tent), a girls hair clip, a live .22 round, 2 slides, a toasted NAMCO token, a 1945 wheatie, 2 leather stamps and some aluminum cans and tabs.

28C4CBF2-62CA-483A-A51C-BF8783A297A6.jpeg

3ED9ECB5-BCC9-4335-B1A9-B95FCBBD9B2B.jpeg

E517AB9C-352B-4032-9137-EA06136CC133.jpeg

Nothing super special, but I did pull over $3 from one hole (7Q, 9D, 8N & 16 P). I’d scoop dirt out pinpoint the coins in the dirt, check the hole dig out more dirt and find more coins. They just kept coming out. Too bad they weren’t silver LOL. A very busy day.

I went back to the Franklin half permission to finish up the yard. I didn’t have a lot left and the part that was left did not look promising from the quick walk through I did on the first hunt. Appearances can be deceiving.

It only took 4 hours to finish up the undetected portion of the yard and I found 17 coins with a face value of $1.05, a pocket watch frame, a brass whatzit, part of a wire clamp, 2 stainless medical syringe ends, a key, a buckle, a chromed collar, part of a horse head pin, another whatzit, 3 silver dimes, a walking half, a V nickel, a buffalo nickel, 4 wheaties, a few tabs and the usual foil and junk.

DB4808A3-CBC3-45C8-8286-C7809A6F8E58.jpeg

The merc is a 1942D, the rosies are a 1946 and 1948. The walking half is a 1941. The V nickel is only in fair shape, but the date is pretty clear, 1905 the oldest coin from the yard. The buffalo is toasted.

83ED95E1-C590-4448-99B6-EB48A8752723.jpeg

The 1948 dime was my first coin of the day. The yard was pretty quiet as before. I was almost done the yard when I found the walking half and the 48 dime in the same hole. In a hole right beside that one I found the merc and the buffalo. So a nice 4 coin spill, my best in a long time. That is one reason I normally grid search. If I had been just walking around I could have easily missed that spill. And let’s face it that spill was the best part of the day. It was my birthday so a nice present for my 72nd birthday. The old man scores again. LOL

2D151392-5E21-4909-B639-023A44064D39.jpeg

So that makes 7 silvers since the first of May when my new year started. A good start to the year. I will be camping this weekend at a state park where I can water detect. So I broke out the ATPRO and will see what my first water hunt of the year produces. This park is heavily detected during the summer, but you can’t detect the water when the swim ropes have been removed for the winter. With a little luck I should find some small silver and gold even if they are only earring backs.

Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

444A9DE6-83F3-49CB-AAB5-3D56B5948673.jpeg 52CD4154-2FD5-4335-AFFC-18322B532850.jpeg 20FA925A-7CE5-4032-8499-5E248A0E83F8.jpeg 1FEF0400-2D6C-42E5-A1A2-96CF2495DEC2.jpeg

Upvote 30

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful bracelet:occasion14:

Grats on the nice finds and start:icon_thumright:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always text or call my permissions at least a day or 2 beforehand to be sure it is ok if I come out to detect. Monday I was still waiting for a response and the weather was nice for a change so I decided to go to the local dog park. It used to be a pair of ball fields years ago and about 10 or 12 years ago they turned them into a dog park. Before the change I had detected most of the 2 fields pretty thoroughly. I started on the outside of the fences in areas where spectators would have watched the games and then in between people bringing their dogs I did one of the fenced dog areas.

In 4 hours I managed to find 49 coins with a face value of $2.93, a bracelet, a toy tank, 2 keys, a bird band, a small knife, a silver dime and the usual tabs and an slaw.

View attachment 2026454

The dime is a 1964 in decent shape. It would be better if it was a merc, but it’s silver so I’ll take it. The bracelet is a nice heavy one. It is marked 950 MILOR ITALY. It was in the ground all balled up about 4 inches down by the entrance to one of the dog pens. It has a kink in it that I might be able to work out with a little effort. It weighs 1.01 troy ounces or 31.3 grams.

View attachment 2026453

The bird band is from a training bird for training retrievers. It is labeled DOKKEN’S DEAD FOWL TRAINER and has a patent number.

View attachment 2026456

I took my weekly trip to the scout camp. I have done most of camp pretty thoroughly over the past few years and there is not a lot left except all the woods where finds are not likely. I went with low expectations because the spots I was doing don’t usually produce much. Boy was I wrong. It’s a good thing I did them.

In 6.5 hours I found 303 coins with a face value of $20.51, only 15 camp tent pegs, a hatchet head, a dead combination lock, a fork, a knife hook for a scout belt, a sinker, 3 rope tensioners (2 from camp tents and 1 from a personal tent), a girls hair clip, a live .22 round, 2 slides, a toasted NAMCO token, a 1945 wheatie, 2 leather stamps and some aluminum cans and tabs.

View attachment 2026458

View attachment 2026460

View attachment 2026461

Nothing super special, but I did pull over $3 from one hole (7Q, 9D, 8N & 16 P). I’d scoop dirt out pinpoint the coins in the dirt, check the hole dig out more dirt and find more coins. They just kept coming out. Too bad they weren’t silver LOL. A very busy day.

I went back to the Franklin half permission to finish up the yard. I didn’t have a lot left and the part that was left did not look promising from the quick walk through I did on the first hunt. Appearances can be deceiving.

It only took 4 hours to finish up the undetected portion of the yard and I found 17 coins with a face value of $1.05, a pocket watch frame, a brass whatzit, part of a wire clamp, 2 stainless medical syringe ends, a key, a buckle, a chromed collar, part of a horse head pin, another whatzit, 3 silver dimes, a walking half, a V nickel, a buffalo nickel, 4 wheaties, a few tabs and the usual foil and junk.

View attachment 2026463

The merc is a 1942D, the rosies are a 1946 and 1948. The walking half is a 1941. The V nickel is only in fair shape, but the date is pretty clear, 1905 the oldest coin from the yard. The buffalo is toasted.

View attachment 2026464

The 1948 dime was my first coin of the day. The yard was pretty quiet as before. I was almost done the yard when I found the walking half and the 48 dime in the same hole. In a hole right beside that one I found the merc and the buffalo. So a nice 4 coin spill, my best in a long time. That is one reason I normally grid search. If I had been just walking around I could have easily missed that spill. And let’s face it that spill was the best part of the day. It was my birthday so a nice present for my 72nd birthday. The old man scores again. LOL

View attachment 2026462

So that makes 7 silvers since the first of May when my new year started. A good start to the year. I will be camping this weekend at a state park where I can water detect. So I broke out the ATPRO and will see what my first water hunt of the year produces. This park is heavily detected during the summer, but you can’t detect the water when the swim ropes have been removed for the winter. With a little luck I should find some small silver and gold even if they are only earring backs.

Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

View attachment 2026457 View attachment 2026455 View attachment 2026459 View attachment 2026465
Awesome Hunt!!! Congrats!!!

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy Birthday!! Great finds!!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're one busy digger my friend! :hello2:
The silver bracelet, the '41 Walker and the letter 'M' (looks like a printing plate block) are all great finds.

You've got 14 years on me... but just seeing all the great stuff you dig make my knees ache! :laughing7:

A belated Happy Birthday and best of luck to you!
Dave

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

View attachment 2026454

View attachment 2026453

View attachment 2026456

View attachment 2026458

View attachment 2026460

View attachment 2026461

View attachment 2026463

View attachment 2026464

View attachment 2026462

View attachment 2026457 View attachment 2026455 View attachment 2026459 View attachment 2026465
Awesome dig. Beautiful silvers and bracelet. Congratulations!!

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're one busy digger my friend! :hello2:
The silver bracelet, the '41 Walker and the letter 'M' (looks like a printing plate block) are all great finds.

You've got 14 years on me... but just seeing all the great stuff you dig make my knees ache! :laughing7:

A belated Happy Birthday and best of luck to you!
Dave
Thanks Dave. The letter M is actually a leather stamp tool as well as the small bow tie like one beside it. They use sets of them that have a detachable handle for the leatherwork merit badge. I have found a wide variety of them in the past.

Thanks again, stay safe and keep swingin. Steve

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your threaded whatsit is probably copper and part of a wire cable clamp, usually used for a ground wire junction.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your threaded whatsit is probably copper and part of a wire cable clamp, usually used for a ground wire junction.
Thanks for the input. I did list that one as part of a wire clamp. The whatzit is the half moon with the flat bottom right above the buckle in the picture.

Stay safe and keep swingin.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 2026454

View attachment 2026453

View attachment 2026456

View attachment 2026458

View attachment 2026460

View attachment 2026461

View attachment 2026463

View attachment 2026464

View attachment 2026462

I really like that tank for obvious reasons. (I was a tank crewman back in the day)
Silver pocket spills are a thrill, when they keep coming out of one hole it really makes your day.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Dave. The letter M is actually a leather stamp tool as well as the small bow tie like one beside it. They use sets of them that have a detachable handle for the leatherwork merit badge. I have found a wide variety of them in the past.

Thanks again, stay safe and keep swingin. Steve
Thanks very much for the follow up information Steve. :thumbsup:
It's going to be humid up here this weekend, so it's certainly going to be moist in your area too. :laughing7:
Dave

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a good day there and a lot of fun !! Thanks for sharing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread