They shot a hole in my CTX 3030 !

ManInTheWaLL

Apr 17, 2022
Im guessing this is where a headphone jack plugs in. Is there suppose to be a plug in here to keep dirt/water out?

Thank you
tempImageLi4XNc.jpg

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im guessing this is where a headphone jack plugs in. Is there suppose to be a plug in here to keep dirt/water out?

Thank you
View attachment 2025153
That is a 1/4" headphone jack in the Headphone Module. The Headphone Module is not waterproof. If you take it off you can see where the water proof headphones would connect if using under water. There is a video online.
Now I must confess, I do not know if it is a problem if water/rain gets in the headphone jack. I did not take any chances so I modified a little rubber plug to go in there. I never use the headphone jack, for I always use the WM-10 Module.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank you
View attachment 2025153
That is the land jack, not for in the water, you take that module off and the water proof headphone jack is behind it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread