thinking of selling my Simplex+ and buying a Vanquish 440 - need some input

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a Simplex+ and am thinking seriously of thinking selling the Simplex and buying the Vanquish 440.

I have nothing really negative to say about the Simplex. I have the Nox 800 and think that the TID on the Vanquish will be similar to the Nox 800 for the same targets? Am I right?

With the Simplex and the Nox 800 I have two sets of numbers to remember. Don't need that.

Plus I like the tones on the 800 better than the Simplex. How do the tones on the V 440 compare to the 800?

Plus I like the Multi-frequency aspect of the Vanquish.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I would do it. You mentioned you already have the Nox 800, so the waterproof aspect you have covered. Therefore you probably don’t need the Simplex.
I like the Version 540 Pro but I don’t care for the large coil. So I’ll wait and see what develops from Minelab.
Good luck in your choices!

OP
OP
pulltabfelix

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Felix, if you like the speed and tones of the Nox you will like the Vanquish. I personally would go with the 540, it has the option of a low and high iron bias setting which is a great option to have.

well it is a money thing. selling the Simplex and Green wireless as used will probably only get $275 on eBay. So the 540 is out of my price range. Wife seems to think I already spend way too much money on the hobby. Bounty hunter Jr should be fine for me is her opinion. Kinda of joking, but kinda true.

OP
OP
pulltabfelix

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I sold my Simplex. did not like the sounds and the buttons seem to be always stiff.
Bought the 540, then sold it and bought the 440. Nothing wrong with the 540, but felt the 440 was good for what I needed. Then got a great deal on a new CTX3030. Could not pass that deal.

Now the CTX3030 is my main detector but still use the 440 on totlots and volley ball courts. I have compared the 440 to the CTX and it does pretty good. Of course the CTX has features the 440 cannot touch. Easy to switch between the 440 and ctx since they are both from Minelab.

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Vanquish 540 and like it very much. However, you already have an 800. Why would you need the Vanquish?

OP
OP
pulltabfelix

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have the Vanquish 540 and like it very much. However, you already have an 800. Why would you need the Vanquish?
The 800 was not working for me. I bought the CTX3030 and use the 440 for my tot lots and volleyball courts. CTX too heavy and somewhat of an overkill for totlots and volleyball courts.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just got my 540 ,,,, Great machine ,,,,Doing a beach hunt tonight .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread