This find is an all time first for me.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to go over to Phoenix with a friend to detect yesterday. Not a lot of keepers, but one made the trip worthwhile. 3 Wheat pennies, an old Desoto radiator emblem circa 1932 / 1933, and a fifty dollar bill. That bill is a first. I have found one dollar bills occasionally but never a fifty. The fifty was a surface find in a vacant lot.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 44

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to go over to Phoenix with a friend to detect yesterday. Not a lot of keepers, but one made the trip worthwhile. 3 Wheat pennies, an old Desoto radiator emblem circa 1932 / 1933, and a fifty dollar bill. That bill is a first. I have found one dollar bills occasionally but never a fifty. The fifty was a surface find in a vacant lot.
Johncoho i think that is the one i lost a while back. Do you need my address to send it back :) ???

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!!! Congrats!!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did the fifty ring up on your detector:laughing7::tongue3: lol sometimes I'll find a loose dollar or maybe a five but never any bill that large I'll bet that made your day.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the big Five-O. I found a fifty once in a mall parking lot in Dallas back in 1981. But then i found three 100s on the floor of a crowded bar in Dallas in 1990. And again in 1990 i found another 100 bill at a NYE warehouse party in Dallas. My next big score was five 20s in the street beside a bar in the southside of Pittsburgh. I can't even count all the 10s and 20s I've found over the years, or the hundreds of dollars I've found and gave back to people because I knew who lost it.
Like I say, you don't find money looking at the sky :laughing7:

Swamp Fox

Sep 22, 2019
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett A T Pro Garrett A T Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The desoto emblem is cool. I once found a Dodge brothers.

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
johncoho Nice find i was teasing about it being mine . How did you get the name Johncoho ?
I guess I have to blame the name on my parents. That is my name. John Coho

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe and I say just Maybe with the price of fuel he might have got his money back for the drive over. Not sure of the $ of a gallon of gas in Phoenix but it's
$4.15 a gallon here in Middle Tn.
Right now around Phoenix the price for unleaded is $4.59

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I have to blame the name on my parents. That is my name. John Coho
I was thinking along a different line. I was thinking you was a person that liked to fish for Coho Salmon. I used to have a charter fishing business that fished for Coho' salmon

Thanks for the reply

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fifty?!
WoW! :icon_thumright:
That's why I'm always loking far and wide, while swinging my stick...!
Eye-balling-it brings dividends...!
Once, I found a Hundred Dollar bill at a mining claim - my word, that's crazy, huh?
~EYEmustdigtreasure....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread