This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between searches.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for chiming in. I'm afraid that maybe the people in charge think this is just my problem.
tn_metal_detector.gif
Sorry you feel that way - we agreed it is a pain, mentioned that it also happens on other forums and have notified ADMIN for some help. Sorry you feel we think it is just your problem. Like I said in a previous response - I forwarded the problem to ADMIN and will let you know when I hear something.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a mod, maybe you don't have the same restrictions in place as we peons do. This is a small annoyance that really shouldn't exist. There is no need for it. You're not controlling bots by forcing a time restriction on queries... bots have all the time in the world. They can wait.

It's not a restriction put on specific levels of members, I have seen it, just not that often. Complaint has been forwarded to admins, waiting on reply.

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its been 2 years since I started this thread and still nothing has changed. Just trying to use the forum search as intended and I have to wait 45 seconds between searches? Let's take this forum into the 21st century, OK? I just can not imagine there isn't a better way to deal with bots. Please? Pretty-please? Maybe there is a way to only force that delay for members without a significant amount of time as a member? Please? Pretty-please? Can't somebody take this bull by the horns and fix it?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Per admins it keeps the server from being over worked with intensive searches by many members at the same time so I wouldn't expect for that to change for now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread