This is just crazy amount of Spanish gold!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 2.17.38 PM.png

Upvote 38
OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMO (for what its worth) That era Spanish Gold coin design(Lyon & Castles) is THE most beautiful ever made :)
They truly are treasures to behold in many ways :)
In the silver digging video he has the big old piece of eight.
JIMMY SAYS: "It's going right there"
Meaning on a chain
I'm now wondering if he'll change his mind and change it up to a gold 8. :headbang:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's caused quite a stir on the treasurecoast......rumor has it that he is way north of the known 1715 wrecks. Im not gonna say where I think he is but there could be another 1715 wreck offshore !! Whatever the case thats what dreams are made of !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other rumor is that several hunters are tracking his every movment in an effort to find that spot. I was saddened to here that one guy even had his license plate number !! To me thats sad.....I would put in the effort to find my own spots !!

It was such an incredible find that I had to call around the treasure coast and ask.....seems his secret is safe so far !!

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The other rumor is that several hunters are tracking his every movment in an effort to find that spot. I was saddened to here that one guy even had his license plate number !! To me thats sad.....I would put in the effort to find my own spots !!

It was such an incredible find that I had to call around the treasure coast and ask.....seems his secret is safe so far !!
I hope he's able to keep it under wraps till the fever dies down.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If true that could lead to another ship of the 1715 fleet being located, very exciting. Fabulous finds Jimmy! Congratulations!
It makes the mind wonder if in fact it is another wreck.
I don't know the how far these finds are from the known wrecks though I was thinking how far could an item (small chest) travel/tossed around in a hurricane-feet/yrds/miles?
I'm sure there's a lot more questions being asked than one can answer.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm no Geo-Scientist but. It would stand to reason some of the ships & treasures have made it further N. than ground zero. As most of the major storms in that area( in the past 300 years) have traveled in a North/N. East direction.:)

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the ships wrecked in 1715 the only civilized outpost was st. Augustine. Many survivors tried to make the trek from vero to augustine by foot. Along that beach trek many died with there wealth which they were carrying on there person. So it could well be that survivors died here. My mentors here in the keys once found a bunch of gold escudos scattered amongst the bones of a dead spanish survivor from the 1733 fleet. He was quite a distance from the salvage camp and was in the middle of the island when he perished !! Any scenario could happen.....wish I had a time machine !!

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When the ships wrecked in 1715 the only civilized outpost was st. Augustine. Many survivors tried to make the trek from vero to augustine by foot. Along that beach trek many died with there wealth which they were carrying on there person. So it could well be that survivors died here. My mentors here in the keys once found a bunch of gold escudos scattered amongst the bones of a dead spanish survivor from the 1733 fleet. He was quite a distance from the salvage camp and was in the middle of the island when he perished !! Any scenario could happen.....wish I had a time machine !!
There's the every man for themselves-theory
He's your share now leave/happy trails-theory
Ok-lets pillage the pillage and split-theory
Ok-fill yer' pockets-we're going down-theory

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was my thought exactly .Just the right amount of coins to be in someones pockets,or a small purse .

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
He's been using the CTX 3030, and the thought occurred now I'm wondering if a PI machine would find some more deeper ones?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread