This is just crazy amount of Spanish gold!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 2.17.38 PM.png

Upvote 38

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm no Geo-Scientist but. It would stand to reason some of the ships & treasures have made it further N. than ground zero. As most of the major storms in that area( in the past 300 years) have traveled in a North/N. East direction.:)
Post 16 you heard it from uncle Rog. :):tongue3:

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Pretty exciting video! Interesting point about survivors needing to trek a long ways to be rescued. That would be a good starting point to research more some of the other lost ships!

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's making me want to pack up and head to Florida one more time! I found two pieces in a yard in Floridana which is north of the wrecks.

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's the every man for themselves-theory
He's your share now leave/happy trails-theory
Ok-lets pillage the pillage and split-theory
Ok-fill yer' pockets-we're going down-theory
I'd imagine; all the above applies.

Great video; amazing to watch. I don't know if I could have ever been able to walk away.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have the exact location of the fleet’s Treasure all of it, it’s buried in one location I need financial and legal help for recovery
See a lawyer and go and see your banker.

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
With finds like that, it begs the question on WHY would anyone post about it on Youtube? God knows I wouldn't (and most here wouldn't either). My youtube channel isn't that important.

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's some beautiful gold. Purdiest I've ever seen.

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With finds like that, it begs the question on WHY would anyone post about it on Youtube? God knows I wouldn't (and most here wouldn't either). My youtube channel isn't that important.
That's for sure. I'm not a treasure hunter, because Idaho. But a quick google shows me a single piece of 8 is what $40K? That will draw a lot of attention....

On another note...
Those look to be in incredible condition. Like maybe they just recently washed out of a box/case of some sort. Wouldn't the sands of time have worn them down significantly otherwise?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... and go and see your banker.
Are you trying to suggest, for even a moment, that he was seeking finance ? And was perhaps "tossing that shingle out our direction" for takers-on-that ? Be careful there pepperj ! :thumbsup:

mcluvin

Tenderfoot
May 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's caused quite a stir on the treasurecoast......rumor has it that he is way north of the known 1715 wrecks. Im not gonna say where I think he is but there could be another 1715 wreck offshore !! Whatever the case thats what dreams are made of !!
Sure looks like Crescent beach to me.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Are you trying to suggest, for even a moment, that he was seeking finance ? And was perhaps "tossing that shingle out our direction" for takers-on-that ? Be careful there pepperj ! :thumbsup:
Just trying to help direct the guy to the helper's in life.
Surely with his equipment and location maps he'll have no problem getting the lawyer and the banker's attention.:angel3:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Huh ? Why wouldn't someone of us MD'rs want to show & tell like that ? Heck, isn't that what it's all about ? Bragging rights, and show & tell are 90% of the fun of our hobby. A quick look at T'net today's finds section shows this commonality between us all.

It would be like this : If your hobby was snow skiing, and you FINALLY achieved a triple back flip, then you DURNED WELL HOPE that your buddies were there to see it. Or that your buddy caught it on film. Ie: Why not ?

Or if you're an NFL player and make a spectacular end zone reception, and if you see your replay shown on the NFL recap "play of the week", you are going to think : DURNED RIGHT ! And when your team-mates come in giving you high 5's, you're gonna say "durned right", eh ?

It's in our blood. MD'ing is just as much a bragging-rights trophy hobby/sport as any other hobby or sport. And we all love to see each other's trophies and compete, so-to-speak.

So I don't understand why would not understand anyone in our ranks not wanting to post. Do you think that puts him a risk or thieves targeting his house ? Or the IRS is going to come knocking on his door ? Please elaborate on your rationale, as I am genuinely curious.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Just trying to help direct the guy to the helper's in life.
Surely with his equipment and location maps he'll have no problem getting the lawyer and the banker's attention.:angel3:

Oh, yeah, now that you put it that way, I understand. The better and more logical the "business plan", the more quickly the investors tend to line up. Got it :hello:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Also bobbypins, I see your avatar has a nice collection of gold. Nice !

So I'm curious then : Was there hesitation, on your part, to use that in/as your avatar ?:dontknow:

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know this will sound crazy, but there are those who will say” This could be historic! There are ships still not located…” And they will want to know locations. I would be torn to tell or not. But probably not

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know this will sound crazy, but there are those who will say” This could be historic! There are ships still not located…” And they will want to know locations. I would be torn to tell or not. But probably not
Loose lips probably would loose ship

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure looks like Crescent beach to me.
Keep in mind the finds were months before the video was put out....I had herd of this find when I was in vero back in October......7 escudos at the base of a staircase....I may have related that to shpillips when I was there ?? I may have even written about it here

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Keep in mind the finds were months before the video was put out......
If the issue is the potential that someone might know where you hunted and join you (thus "crowding a spot") , then you're right : When it comes to beach erosion, you can "tell the world" 3 days later. And the world can come detect there till the cows come home. And they will find absolutely nothing. Until ~ 10 yrs. later when perhaps it erodes again at that exact spot.

I can show people spots here in CA where 100 silver coins showed up in a single day after the 1982-83 storms (and nearly 500 coins total, and 12 gold rings). And you can go there now and will be lucky to get a few zinc pennies.

Thus there is no risk in making a show & tell video for beach erosion. Because it comes and goes. And only those that are keen to study tides and swells and winds, and are there to monitor it , are going to arrive on those "just so right" days in the future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread