This is just crazy amount of Spanish gold!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 2.17.38 PM.png

Upvote 38

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't know if any lease holders still do it, but Keep in mind you are working as a subcontractor for the lease holder, and owe the lease holders, the state 20%, and still owe income tax on anything found.Ok,
Ok, I see the issues now. You have to find a lease holder willing to let you subcontract at an affordable price (affordable for "normal" people anyway). And even if you do and happen to find something, the profit margin will probably be very low.

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice videos and unforgettable finds.
Looking at the gold coins there was not a lot of visible salt water/beach corrosion. Is that likely? I was looking at a book that showed a picture of a gold pendant found from the 1733 fleet and it came out covered in purple color corrosion. It had to be professionally cleaned to show the gold.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will depend on the purity of the gold and what it's mixed/alloyed with.

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will depend on the purity of the gold and what it's mixed/alloyed with.
Ok, so the 1715 gold coins would be about 92% gold. I read that from 1537 to 1772 they use 92% gold (22-carat) and from 1772 the fineness was reduced to 90% gold.

saltednuts

Feb 12, 2011
york county, penn.
Detector(s) used
presently garrett gta 1000 , fisher cz5 and now a fisher cz21 10.5" coil and vibra=quatic 2 pinpointer add another cz21
The guy with the can of coins is Olaf the treasure hunter he has several vids on You Tube all about the same very sketchy. The can in this one is a military container of sorts, coins are German, French, Polish maybe Italian etc..... always same in his videos check them out. World War I & II spoils of war treasures typically buried in some type of military container, consisting of coins ,jewelry any valuable easily hidden away but never retrieved. Like all of you I think it is staged or at best reinacted but maybe its real can't prove otherwise. As for the spainish gold and silver that would be extremely difficult to stage not to mention the expense. IMO

Deesherman

Aug 23, 2018
Palm Bay,Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett sea hunter 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can show you a beach in CA where I got a $2.50 gold and about 50 silver coins (and over 100 wheaties) in a single day (heck, in just a couple of hours). And you could go there now, and be lucky to find a zinc penny. But perhaps later-this-winter it might "go off " again.

It has to do with being there ,at various beaches, when erosion is hitting. Ie.: Timing timing timing. Not: Location location location (in the case of beach-erosion-action).
So what wreck did these coins come from?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely AMAZING !!!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't know if any lease holders still do it, but Keep in mind you are working as a subcontractor for the lease holder, and owe the lease holders, the state 20%, and still owe income tax on anything found.Ok,
Ok, I see the issues now. You have to find a lease holder willing to let you subcontract at an affordable price (affordable for "normal" people anyway). And even if you do and happen to find something, the profit margin will probably be very low.

If he was detecting a 1715 beach... I didn't realize a person could get a contract from lease holder, to work alone on beach. Thought I'd read a comment, the cost per person was upped to 2K. You will need to find enough, just to break even.

orork

Greenie
Sep 3, 2012
Port St. Lucie, Florida
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I find my big score, not a word. I don't really want the money from the sale of goodies. I've labored all my working life and never have had a lot of money, but I've got by. I want the thrill of finding the bootie. It's gonna happen.

brandywine

Jan 31, 2010
Somehow that video seems staged or a re-enactment. I mean, who doing a video wouldn't say something, anything when digging up a container full of coins? I'd be yelling "holy sh*t", but, this guy, not even a "wow".
Agreed...who would drop the container on the ground and destroy it? He also doesn't focus on the coins. He videos the empty container.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread