Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a good trip for all. Watched it on live TV go up and come down. About 350,000 feet high and over 3000 mph.... 3 minutes of weightlessness. That is better than a roller coaster.

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I don't get Christmas basket but did go to a couple of his charity events in LA a bunch of years ago. He had a hip replacement in the last decade or so, but seems to be doing ok. We're not exactly best buddies, I haven't been out there in some years now and I don't do conventions where he speaks.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not sure what to think about this. They are travelling as cargo and going no higher (66 miles - just into the ionosphere) than the X-15 rocket plane achieved in the 1960's. They don't make orbital height or velocity. Eventually a load will die and that may be worse for our "space" program than continuing research flights rather than these "globe peeping" trips.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My "older" and maybe now certifiable 3rd cousin is going on a space ride today! No kidding! You may have heard of him, William Shatner, for real. Kind of odd, who would have thought? Guess I'll have to watch. That's ok, I don't need a turn.
Smokey I hope all is well ..I met him at a car show years ago ..he was there as a special guest-take care

Cuda74

Jan 9, 2021
North Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec II, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My "older" and maybe now certifiable 3rd cousin is going on a space ride today! No kidding! You may have heard of him, William Shatner, for real. Kind of odd, who would have thought? Guess I'll have to watch. That's ok, I don't need a turn.
You gotta love it. And if anyone deserves to go into space it's the original Captain.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The landing of the rocket section was Beyond cool:) It just hovered a couple seconds a few feet above the ground :)
Something NASA only dreamed about ,for decades.
And the 'mission control room'... I counted only a couple dozen people.NASA would of had a hundred or more. :icon_scratch:

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
@smokeythecat I find it kind of sad when people are estranged from blood relatives because life is to short to hold grudges and trust me if you never take the time to make things rite between you and him one of you will end up regretting it till you pass, I am speaking from my own experience you have to do what you want though

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have the most interesting family!

Reactions: Fat

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You gotta love it. And if anyone deserves to go into space it's the original Captain.
Jeffery Hunter? He was the "original" Captain of the USS Enterprise (Capt. Christopher Pike) in the pilot episode. ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread