This is small request my story a transplant story

Oldpirate

Aug 25, 2018
Savannah Georgia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Minelab equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I don?t post very much the last couple years been dealing with life. I have been sick and June 4 I was blessed by someone that I didn?t know and his or her amazing gift to me and 4 other people. I received a liver from this person and now I have a new lease on life and am waiting to get back to Metal detecting. But the reason I write this is to so the important part that organ donors do. They unselfishly give life and hope to we?re it was almost loss I thank God and my Donor.
What I ask of you is please consider becoming an organ Donor the lives you save is a truly heroic and amazing gift.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a good donor, and hopes are for
your continuing recovery. Digging some silver will put a smile back on your
face..8-)

When I expire, if there's anything left on me worth using, folks are welcome to it.

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good story, and so true. When I go I plan on donating anything that still works, If anything still works?

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My donor card is signed! My brother in law was also saved by a donor liver! Hope you recover well and are digging soon!

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is indeed an amazing gift to leave after your death.

Although there is still family consultation and particularly in relation to religious considerations, the law changed here in May last year. All adults in England are now considered to have agreed to be an organ donor when they die unless they have recorded a decision not to donate or are in one of the excluded groups. That is, you have to actively opt out of being an organ donor if that’s your wish.

Excluded groups are generally those who lack the mental capacity to understand the new law, or who have lived here for less than 12 months, or are not living here voluntarily. Medical suitability to be a donor is determined subsequent to death and selectively so for each organ type.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread