Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is unbelievable this might be my most precious relic yet. I didn’t have much time I went on my lunch break because I saw this stream that runs through my town and normally it’s got a lot of water in it but it hasn’t rained in a while and I saw some rocks so I went for it. I saw lotta broken glass, blue white shards and a lot of iron and then I pulled up this NOT A DING ON IT!!! How can one man be so lucky? The Lord is good

Attachments

• D4D6FF75-A2EB-4059-ACE9-B6F0DC8532A2.jpeg
    D4D6FF75-A2EB-4059-ACE9-B6F0DC8532A2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 474,008
  • 1D8F9DB1-D4BC-4ABA-AD46-EC602CA4A03D.jpeg
    1D8F9DB1-D4BC-4ABA-AD46-EC602CA4A03D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,407
  • C1C88572-9D72-4793-8F48-B64AACDEBFFC.jpeg
    C1C88572-9D72-4793-8F48-B64AACDEBFFC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,088
  • FBD9E28F-1D03-418D-B30B-553DBBF122C1.jpeg
    FBD9E28F-1D03-418D-B30B-553DBBF122C1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,124
  • 270A2B9C-FF54-4300-968C-C43ADC7D35FE.jpeg
    270A2B9C-FF54-4300-968C-C43ADC7D35FE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,433
Upvote 153
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incredible! And expert digging cuz that flask looks easy to dent. Someone's watching over you. We know where you'll be at lunchtime tomorrow.
My queen just passed away two months ago from Covid I haven’t done much Detecting but I guarantee you she had something to do with this It was too perfect I shove my hand in this water and gravel I just pulled this thing up in all it’s glory no model on it now I have an aerobic clean it it came out just like that it’s mine blowing
Well a very deserving banner recovery for a very deserving man.
Congratulations on the awesome recovery and getting it up there so quick.
I’m living the dream pepper I just wish My Wife was here to see it. I think she knew it was there anyway 🙏🏻

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My queen just passed away two months ago from Covid I haven’t done much Detecting but I guarantee you she had something to do with this It was too perfect I shove my hand in this water and gravel I just pulled this thing up in all it’s glory no model on it now I have an aerobic clean it it came out just like that it’s mine blowing

I’m living the dream pepper I just wish My Wife was here to see it. I think she knew it was there anyway 🙏🏻
You made things go a tad blurry saying that Truth.
I can't imagine how much you miss her.

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That’s the thing I wasn’t planning on doing it and I had my boots so I’ll put them on but I want to go back with my scoop and not my shovel I found out in the first 15 minutes and left I’m just soak it all Lynn I don’t know whether to block off that section with some sandbags and sit through it because it was a lot of higher but I’m a think about it tonight
Sometimes you find the big prize quick like you were guided to the spot. And then nothing after that. Worth the effort though.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is unbelievable this might be my most precious relic yet. I didn’t have much time I went on my lunch break because I saw this stream that runs through my town and normally it’s got a lot of water in it but it hasn’t rained in a while and I saw some rocks so I went for it. I saw lotta broken glass, blue white shards and a lot of iron and then I pulled up this NOT A DING ON IT!!! How can one man be so lucky? The Lord is good
Congrats Brother!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible ride you've been on over the last few months truth....the emotional highs and lows have been extreme....even for us observers !! So happy to share a joyful moment with ya !! Congrats on the impressive banner find !! Keep um comin brother !!

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Truth" !! What a beautiful historic find !! Huge CONGRATS !!
Finding it in a stream in that condition after all these years and not having any dents or dings is amazing. I wonder how it was lost ?
Maybe it fell into the stream by a soldier on his horse or on the shore & it floated downstream before sinking to the bottom before he could catch up with it, and it settled in between the rocks where it stayed all these years without getting tossed around.
A really fantastic recovery. Hopefully the water level will recede some more & you can find some more old Civil War era stuff. Sounds like a great area to hunt time & time again. Thanks for sharing !!
P.S. You are not just lucky...you are good ! You put the time in & go out & find the stuff that otherwise would still be lying undiscovered
if not for your efforts & expertise. Nice going. Great salvage !!

Truth's Colt Powder Flask.png

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You made things go a tad blurry saying that Truth.
I can't imagine how much you miss her.
Every day till my elbows hit the pine box and then I’ll be with my Queen again 🙏🏻

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes you find the big prize quick like you were guided to the spot. And then nothing after that. Worth the effort though.
I have experience that many of times my other banner was my third eight riyals that I found in an open field 1829 and then I found a French early 8 pound cannon ball and I feel was the size of a football field and I found nothing else nothing. As a matter fact that happens a lot the good news is I was only there for 20 minutes and left I’m going back ready tomorrow I’m off and I’m gonna bring my scoop I got a plan
"Truth" !! What a beautiful historic find !! Huge CONGRATS !!
Finding it in a stream in that condition after all these years and not having any dents or dings is amazing. I wonder how it was lost ?
Maybe it fell into the stream by a soldier on his horse or on the shore & it floated downstream before sinking to the bottom before he could catch up with it, and it settled in between the rocks where it stayed all these years without getting tossed around.
A really fantastic recovery. Hopefully the water level will recede some more & you can find some more old Civil War era stuff. Sounds like a great area to hunt time & time again. Thanks for sharing !!
P.S. You are not just lucky...you are good ! You put the time in & go out & find the stuff that otherwise would still be lying undiscovered
if not for your efforts & expertise. Nice going. Great salvage !!

View attachment 2003027
Jose I don’t think you realize how nice of a thing that was you did I love it and appreciate it. So thank you. I guess sometimes you got to go out the box and it’s easy when you’re already out the box LOL but sometimes it’s right in front of you and you got a put a story together. It wasn’t hard it was just doing it Anne with an old church and an old school and being in Louisiana when they had no air condition I knew those kids must of gone after school was over and jumped in the creek to cool off. It’s easy to think obvious situation and then move forward to go see and water and creeks are out of my comfort zone but water is the last frontier so I better learn at now while I’m still here. Again thank you so much for making that for me and yes it was a soldier on a horse that was crossing the creek and it’s about 5 feet down so it dropped when the horse hit the other side and waited for me to rescue it there it was just like it was when he used it.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's truly a great find. The most you normally seen found are broken bits and pieces of them.
I couldn’t believe I had it in my hand smoky like that it felt unreal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread