This is VERY UPSETTING 1!1!

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Life is short. People suck. I go through life understanding this but treating them all with kindness and respect anyway. It’s more about who I want to be rather then some Devine meaning.

Plus if you let them get under your skin you end up on the nightly news holding a rifle eventually.

Tonight at 6 a crazed mad man holds auto zone hostage. Police say it’s gotten so bad the gunmen won’t even let them answer the phone!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why-do-you-put-me-on-hold-when-someone-calls-but-you-dont-answer-me-when-someone-is-on-the-pho...jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went into a local auto parts store for something and ask the guy at the counter if they had any. Thinking this kid at the counter would take me to where I might find it on the shelf he simply said they don't carry what I was hoping to get. So with a bit of looking though the shelves I was unfamiliar with I did find exactly what I wanted. I could tell the kid felt a bit stupid when I went back up to him to pay for it. I told him here and try not to be so lazy next time. He wasn't there the next time I went in.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went into a local auto parts store for something and ask the guy at the counter if they had any. Thinking this kid at the counter would take me to where I might find it on the shelf he simply said they don't carry what I was hoping to get. So with a bit of looking though the shelves I was unfamiliar with I did find exactly what I wanted. I could tell the kid felt a bit stupid when I went back up to him to pay for it. I told him here and try not to be so lazy next time. He wasn't there the next time I went in.
This has happened to me many times.
Once i was told when i asked for something... "they dont make those anymore".

Then at the counter paying for it i said... "look they started making these again"... heh

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has happened to me many times.

Once i was told when i asked for something... "they dont make those anymore".

Then at the counter paying for it i said... "look they started making these again"... heh
Some would rather just play dumb in life I've come to know.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work in retail, and that was total BS, Gare. I have to multitask and I prioritize. I don't have to answer the phone that much, but a lot of other things I got to juggle. Very simple, I will answer that phone right away, tell the guy on the phone hold on a second I got to take care of this customer and I'll be right back with you. They don't like it they can call back, but you're there in person with cash in hand and that is our goal to get your money. I have told corporate before employees need training in how to prioritize. Come to my store, you need help, doesn't matter how much I got goin on, I WILL get you taken care of, right away. I'm old school, customer first, plus, I'm a customer still sometimes.
RGINN you are 100 % CORRECT !! Take care of the person in front of you. Now if they are already on the phone with someone then they have to right to finish with the caller first !!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you go to a business and it seems like every few seconds somebody is asking to help you, that's called 'aggressive hospitality', about the only technique allowed employees to discourage shoplifting. Some years ago I went to Otasco to buy a predator call and the guy was on me offering to help soon as I came in the door. I felt a little irritated. He walked with me right to the calls, I picked one out and the damn box was empty! He told me he'd had a lot of trouble with shoplifting, so they were trying to be proactive. I felt bad for him, so I bought some fishin stuff instead.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
experienced the same thing at least Twice.
At Advanced Auto & At the Local Auto Parts store.
I Just took a Deep Breath and shook it off.
not much else I could do but travel some more to get it elsewhere :dontknow:

I do feel your pain though
:coffee2:

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using DEF is a no no in my world where DEF is just another bullshit item they get you to spend money on. FAWK them ALL.
You hit the nail on the head there. Me and PC one time we’re hauling bulls out of Juárez in his new Cummins DEF light came on lost half power. I looked over at PC and said nice putt putt ya got he was pissed.

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You hit the nail on the head there. Me and PC one time we’re hauling bulls out of Juárez in his new Cummins DEF light came on lost half power. I looked over at PC and said nice putt putt ya got he was pissed.
I hear ya and that was funny, I have deleted a couple of my friends rigs now they have 25% more power and a bit better on fuel economy and always if you burn less fuel that IS LESS emissions. Careful Propane injection is nice too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread