This is why you dig pull-tab signals.....

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi everyone in treasure land so good to have something to report. It's almost end of season here for metal detecting (at least for my old knees in eastern winters) so went to a rec center type park I noticed is always crawling with people when its warm and was just wanting to satisfy the digging jones for a few hours. Three signals in I get the old screaming 35 signal on my anfibio (which is almost always a ring style pull tab) and to my surprise saw the roundness of a 22k gold ring an inch down. Was staring at ring in the hole while thinking "where's my pulltab?" before it sunk in. Holy crap! Two holes later and another one ,same signal same expectation.....dig those pulltab signals when park hunting I know it sucks but occasionally fortune shines. Four and a half grams of 22k for a morning excercise type dig is pretty awesome in my book, totally stoked! Thanks for looking and good fortune to you all!

Attachments

• site.JPG
    site.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 198
  • take.JPG
    take.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 131
  • ring1.JPG
    ring1.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 133
  • ring2.JPG
    ring2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
  • .916 mark (x2).JPG
    .916 mark (x2).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 131
  • 4..45 grams 22k gold.JPG
    4..45 grams 22k gold.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 118
Upvote 50
OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Incredible find, Congrats! You are right on, Gold is right next to Aluminum on the Conductance scale and that's reality, you just proved it!
thanks SD, the less pure gold rings come up much higher on the VDI so totally wasn't expecting it..glad I wasn't in a cherry pick mood!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone in treasure land so good to have something to report. It's almost end of season here for metal detecting (at least for my old knees in eastern winters) so went to a rec center type park I noticed is always crawling with people when its warm and was just wanting to satisfy the digging jones for a few hours. Three signals in I get the old screaming 35 signal on my anfibio (which is almost always a ring style pull tab) and to my surprise saw the roundness of a 22k gold ring an inch down. Was staring at ring in the hole while thinking "where's my pulltab?" before it sunk in. Holy crap! Two holes later and another one ,same signal same expectation.....dig those pulltab signals when park hunting I know it sucks but occasionally fortune shines. Four and a half grams of 22k for a morning excercise type dig is pretty awesome in my book, totally stoked! Thanks for looking and good fortune to you all!
Awesome!!!! Congrats!!!!

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya well......those pesky Pulltabs. Pulltabs, lead sinkers, nickels and gold rings, all pretty much around the same in sound and numbers. Even harder when one factors in size and shape of pulltabs, same for fishing sinkers, and size and kt. of rings etc. Thought for CERTAIN I kept hitting the same pulltab years ago, so went ahead and dug it to end the day. Well....four Chinese Cash coins mounted on cardboard inside a plastic bag that had been in ground for some long time. Another pulltab in a river bank here in Grants Pass, instead it became a 18kt gold nugget the size of your small finger nail to take home. Last, and the best, I was digging another dropped musket ball down in some canyon west of here, and sat right down on my butt when it turned out to be a $10 gold coin, 1854 S mintmark. So even with the new generation of detectors, I still dig a lot of those good old pulltabs. On a beach? all of them. Way out somewhere with not so many signals? most likely will dig them. In parks? with so many, has to be a strong signal. With that, we are Detectorist after all, and will continue to be for as long as will can still get back up off of one knee after digging our next target. Good luck fella's AND ladies.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a great end of the year dig!! It gives me motivation to keep digging those dang pultabs. Maybe someday I'll get so lucky! Congrats! I like the Librarian pin too!

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ya well......those pesky Pulltabs. Pulltabs, lead sinkers, nickels and gold rings, all pretty much around the same in sound and numbers. Even harder when one factors in size and shape of pulltabs, same for fishing sinkers, and size and kt. of rings etc. Thought for CERTAIN I kept hitting the same pulltab years ago, so went ahead and dug it to end the day. Well....four Chinese Cash coins mounted on cardboard inside a plastic bag that had been in ground for some long time. Another pulltab in a river bank here in Grants Pass, instead it became a 18kt gold nugget the size of your small finger nail to take home. Last, and the best, I was digging another dropped musket ball down in some canyon west of here, and sat right down on my butt when it turned out to be a $10 gold coin, 1854 S mintmark. So even with the new generation of detectors, I still dig a lot of those good old pulltabs. On a beach? all of them. Way out somewhere with not so many signals? most likely will dig them. In parks? with so many, has to be a strong signal. With that, we are Detectorist after all, and will continue to be for as long as will can still get back up off of one knee after digging our next target. Good luck fella's AND ladies.
Thank you for an awesome response, very inspiring! Sounds like you have quite a bit more detecting experience than I and good to know we treat things similarly. I know exactly what you mean when you hit the same site a few times and assume what certain targets are until that one day you finally capitulate to curiosity and just dig it up! Never know what you are going to come home with that's for sure, thanks for looking!

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on a great end of the year dig!! It gives me motivation to keep digging those dang pultabs. Maybe someday I'll get so lucky! Congrats! I like the Librarian pin too!
thanks lenrac you will just keep gettin' out there!

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome finds! You’re right about getting complacent, as soon as you do you’re gonna miss the good one! At least that’s the way I look at it.
thank you Steve and absolutely, when I start glossing over targets and talking myself out of digging certain holes it's just time to go home and get a steaming cup of joe imho:coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions