SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not detecting related, but I have seen this problem countless times and just wanted to make everyone aware of what could happen. Driving into town last week, I was on a fairly busy two-lane paved road that had a housing subdivision on one side. The commons area was huge and hadn't been mowed in quite some time. I could see someone was in the process of cutting the grass, and to no surprise, he was blowing the grass clippings out into the street, completely covering one lane of the road with wet, slippery grass.
I honked at the bozo and he thought I was someone that knew him, so he waves back, totally oblivious to what he is doing. I see this all the time! If someone comes along on a motorcycle, there's a good chance he will lay the bike down! The fix is easy, you cut the grass by going the other direction. He would have been held liable for causing the accident!

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a 35yr+ rider, 22yr+ Tech.......Thank you🤘

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Illinois it is illegal to blow your grass clippings onto the roadway but it is ignored by law enforcement until some unlucky biker takes a spill.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only a hack landscaper would blow clippings anywhere. The pros use a bagger on their mowers and take the clippings away. Unfortunatley, anyone with a $150 mower can claim to be a landscaper...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions