This looks like the end of life as we know it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife went away 20 years ago, when she got her first laptop. I can sit next to her in the evening, and not a peep, or movement for hours. Without a doubt, some of you are like that. Did you ever consider your family member you are ignoring. Can't talk now, I'm texting. Of course, you don't say that, just give the look. Right? I glance at her screen occasionally, and see some grinning person holding up a cat, dog, child. People doing nothing, showing photos of nothing. Hours and hours, keeping up on others' mundane lives, while her own crumbles around her, unnoticed. Same for the rest of my scattered family. The beauty of facebook, is if nothing exciting happened in your day, you can just make stuff up. I don't do facebook, and won't converse with texting, only rarely. The outcome of my refusal, is dismissal. I have been dismissed. If I do try to talk on the phone, silence emanates from the other end. They don't know how to speak. Reality sucks.

My grandchildren are lost down the rabbit hole of social media, and games. There is no pulling them out. They are not interested in books. They know nothing, but are very good on Minecraft, whatever the heck that is. I would attend a public flogging ( or worse ) of these "geniuses" who have destroyed us.

They shut down for 5 hours? All I heard on the news is "Billions of dollars lost." Really? Maybe someone looked up from their laptop, or phone, didn't recognize the person they were with, having not looked at them for years, and panicked.

Rant over.
Great rant though. I used to have a FB account for my business, but when FB started deleting my books for sale that were of Christian interest - nothing bad, nothing controversial, just religious - well, I closed it.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a FB account for one month many years ago. Got tired of all the gorgeous blondes from California asking to be my friend! I figured they were actually 50 year old men or possibly cougars. No way on earth would any young woman named Heather want to associate with me! Lol!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a FB account for one month many years ago. Got tired of all the gorgeous blondes from California asking to be my friend! I figured they were actually 50 year old men or possibly cougars. No way on earth would any young woman named Heather want to associate with me! Lol!
Yeah,same here. Hell,I didn,t even have a picture!!!:laughing7:

NJearthman

Oct 31, 2020
Central Jersey THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, EQUINOX 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The end of the world as we know it was when cell phones and social media were invented. There are many times I just want to grab those blasted phones out of peoples hands and slam them to the ground. Before cell phones it was those damn BEEPERS! Oh look at me walking around with a beeper on my belt, I am SO important! UGH! (political comment deleted)

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with those of you who don't facebook etc. I never have & no interest in it what so ever. To each his own. I did tell my previous supervisor he couldn't wipe his a$$ without posting it on FB. Didn't go over too well.
Sounds like you may have a little Johnny Paycheck in you.

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are a weak society the primary guilty party is government at large, nothing new however the weak sheep we are, nobody will stand up, they cry what do we do, gee I say to you , your soul is gone and nobody to blame, really some of you are simply so ignorant or stupid to the fact America don’t care about you and problems. Only an uprising they understand, remember being bullied has its consequences unless you don’t understan.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread