Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stay logged in. If I can't stay logged in (say I'm banned for a week...) then it is sloooooooowwwww!
And I get PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs) From the ads. Superantispyware is a must. Malwarebytes is another, even better must. You do need to buy the premium version for "real time" protection. Once a week I run ESET online virus scanner, it finds things that AVG (system hog) and Norton can not detect. Trust me I have virused myself to test all the above.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is amazing that you guys don't get it! This is not our first rodeo! Have a brand new computer the fastest internet every site works perfectly fast except this one it's not on my end. I love this site its the best! But it's the slowest of every website currently. I know computers ... the mods should not worry about the people it works great for.. but for us that it doesnt... remember.. I want to come to this site 1st..

It may not be your first rodeo...but you are riding the same bull.

Tracert and ping tests from my home in Colorado have my highest pinged hop at >65 to the forum. From my server in California it is >36 and from my server in Chicago it is >28. Had a online gaming buddy just ping it from New York and he was >78

So Los Angeles....Colorado....Chicago...New York.....all tracert/ping under 80. There is nothing wrong with this forum or the network it resides on....simple as that. If there is an issue...it is ISP related or PC related. Get a better browser to stop the ads or stay logged in....simple as that.

Neat little pro-tip about the internet. Even if one particular website is causing an issue....the "issue" still resides on the clients ISP or PC 99% of the time. I know it is easy to say it is TNs fault because it only happens on this site, but that is not how it works from a troubleshooting standpoint unfortunately.

Digger Max

Oct 27, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
E-TRAC
ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Runs good on my commodore 64 at 300 baud but I upgraded to 1200 baud.
Super fast now...

OP
OP
masterjedi

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It isn't the site... I also know computers...

I asked several times if you cleaned your cookies, also what browser are you using.......?

Are you logging in or staying logged in..? Log in and do not log out, if your seeing lots of ads your not logged in...

During the day I access this website from 3 different computers, a tablet and a smartphone with no issues. We have thousands accessing it daily and less than a handful complaining about speed..

Do a tracert to TreasureNet's IP and see where the lag is....

With that said, it has been reported to admins...

Thanks TH for reporting this to admins... big smile....

cookies... really? That is square one for anyone...

Browser... explorer...

I don't stay logged in...

Its not about who it works for... it about who it doesn't...

The admins will get it...

Thanks for the help TN! Gary

I love this site... I come here morning and night... :)

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, for a minute there I though you typed Internet Exploder (not "Explorer") :icon_scratch:

Another thing you could try is to temporarily swap out your DNS lookup service.
You're probably using your ISP's default (which might not "like" TreasureNet for some oddball reason).
You could try using Google's Public DNS and see if that works.
I'd still recommend a ping or tracert to narrow down the problem.

Also, make sure you're not running through a proxy (and if you are, verify that it's not blocking the content).

Probably not telling you anything you don't already know... Sorry about that.
It's just that with some recurrent pesky issues, it's easy to overlook the obvious.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
I used to have internet Explorer on this computer & this site was slow for me, too. I now use Google Chrome & it is MUCH faster ! It is now my default.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks TH for reporting this to admins... big smile....

cookies... really? That is square one for anyone...

Browser... explorer...

I don't stay logged in...

Its not about who it works for... it about who it doesn't...

The admins will get it...

You know how many people do not know what cookies are much less flushing them?......

Thanks for the help TN! Gary

I love this site... I come here morning and night... :)

Stop using the Explorer browser and use either Crome or Firefox, they both work much better on VBulletin forums...

If your not logged in your going to see tons of ads, log in and they go away... If your reading and not logged in your going to be slower.

Last edited:

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the programmers check and they couldn't find anything. They did mention that there are times very early in the morning where the software is running backups and diagnostics and it will run slower at those times.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new version in Windows 10 is actually quite good...not even called IE anymore. I personally would not use IE on any XP/Vista/7/8.1 machine unless I needed to for an older website.

Chrome and Firefox are vastly superior and have excellent add-ons that can make the browsing experience 10X more enjoyable and user-friendly....imo

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch the bottom left of your screen when you open the TN home page, sometimes you will see certain services stall, these generally being associated with google ads/services/cookies, etc. Run a good browser, keep it updated, and keep it from becoming so contaminated with junk that it can't communicate/function properly. Unfortunately, this requires constant maintenance. Not like it use to be, now days everything has tentacles, robots/cookies/spiders/ you name it. All of these things slow down your PC and even compete with each other. Eventually these issues cause train wrecks.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new version in Windows 10 is actually quite good...not even called IE anymore. I personally would not use IE on any XP/Vista/7/8.1 machine unless I needed to for an older website.

Chrome and Firefox are vastly superior and have excellent add-ons that can make the browsing experience 10X more enjoyable and user-friendly....imo

So you like Windows 10? I have the "free upgrade" option. I know you can make Win 8 look like 7.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you like Windows 10? I have the "free upgrade" option. I know you can make Win 8 look like 7.

I like it. Still running 8.1 on my main gaming/video/photoshop machine...but 10 is on 3 of 5 PCs in my home and working great.

I actually prefer the Windows 8 and 10 layout better than the XP/Vista/7 desktop only mode. I never understood the complaints for having multiple navigation routes that 8 gave us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread