This week the water gave up lots of jewelry including 12 rings (one is a size 18) and some decent gold and silver, last week only the scout camp

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I was at scout camp and spent most of my time instructing and helping boys advance so I only got in 3 short hunts. I just went out and did a little swingin here and there between sites, on trails and in our site (covered well a while back but expanded area this time) hoping for a little luck and some new losses.

In 5.0 hours the CZ21 did manage to locate 145 coins with a face value of $14.32, 45 camp tent pegs, a hatchet head, 5 rope tensioners, foshing gear, a screw driver bit, a foreign coin, fishing sinkers, a tent pole end, an aluminum key chain carabiner, a pile of melted aluminum from the fires and a nice batch of brass grommets (grommets are a fairly common find at the scout camp).

EA9F2880-B599-4D7C-9A4F-625D6AC53502.jpeg

A6DDD868-48DA-44B0-9AB7-527DCB5F6A9A.jpeg

The foreign coin denomination was easy, that side was in good shape 20. The bust, date and country were not easy. (The face was up when it was in the ground so it got fairly toasty.) I can just make out Helvetia to the upper right of the bust so this is from Switzerland. It is a 20 rappen and the style was made from 1939 to the present. You can just make out the top of a 7 under the bust so probably from the 1970s.

92ADD203-0876-4741-AD44-E3413C27C134.jpeg

2B266C3D-CBD3-4BF8-8E71-B51482BAD226.jpeg

It was time to get back in the water. It has been hot so the contributors have been active. It has been dry though which means the water levels are down in the swimming areas.

I went to one of the usual spots. There are 3 swimming areas in this park and so I started at the most popular one and had good luck. In 3.5 hours with the ATPro I found 51 coins with a face value of $6.32, 2.5 pop tabs, 2 gold rings, a gold earring, a silver earring and earring back, 2 more rings, a stainless crucifix, a screw back earring (pieces found about 30 feet apart), 8 junky earrings, a cheapie pendant, a zipper, a brass cord end, a mini handcuff marked OHIO, a smashed penny, a sinker, a hearing aide battery, a minute key, a toy car, a vaping device, and of course bits of aluminum foil.

F7E553AA-D640-4EA5-934A-8EE28B1F38AC.jpeg

The first gold ring is large, a size 13 I believe (is is out of round so difficult to measure exactly). It is 18k and weighs 0.22 troy ounces or 6.9 grams. A nice bit of scrap metal. It has a makers name and an inscription. The maker is a small operation so I will contact them and see if they can help me track down the owner. I clean this swimming area out regularly and so this was lost in the last 6 weeks. I might get luck so I will give it a shot. The other gold ring is 14k and has some czs in it. The earring is 14k as well.

9F37FA11-DC10-4A14-8361-F17275579B44.jpeg

The third ring is stainless and has a heartbeat pattern. Ring number 4 is also inscribed and is tungsten carbide. It is huge. My ring stick measures up to size 16 1/2 and this one goes all the way down to the handle. It is at least a 17 1/2 or 18. Lee has big hands.

EC8B9B5F-F5E4-47E6-8DB7-D818B1D081E6.jpeg

If you want to know how I find all these goodies look at these pictures. I don’t usually pay much attentions to the VDI readings. I scoop anything with a mid or high tone or combination. The gold earring and the heavy foil from the food wrapper both gave a VDI of 42 or 43. The nickel and the can tab both read 52 or 53. I scooped a target that was mixed mid and low. I got a small hoop earring and a piece of a rusty hair pin. If you don’t take a risk and make the effort you leave good stuff behind. Of course that’s really ok with me because it leaves more for me (more work, but more goodies as well). You just have to decide if scooping an iffy is worth the effort. To me it is well worth it.

560452A1-9611-43EE-9ECA-DC6E7D0A95D1.jpeg

9F74F13D-2452-4D45-85CE-57E1E3CD2A6F.jpeg

I went to a little used swimming area in a lake 30 miles away. I don’t find a lot of coins here since they removed the concession trailer 6 years ago, but I normally find a little gold or silver jewelry. I waited too long to come. It has been very dry and the swimming area was almost all dried up. Lots of beach to detect, but someone else usually does that and my best finds are in the water.

I spent 3.0 hours with the ATPro and found 13 coins with a face value of $0.72, a life jacket key chain, 2 can tabs, a titanium ring, a fashion ring, 2 cheapie earrings, an earring back, 2 sinkers and as always foil.

16B418F0-2F9A-418F-B85D-F5553570AF3D.jpeg

092F7BA1-A81F-4555-A70C-FE16B4963A7F.jpeg

My last trip was to another swimming area in the first park and I let the ATPro do it’s job for another 3.5 hour hunt. No gold this time but plenty of jewelry and I did ok with the silver.

I managed to find 21 coins with a face value of $2.15, a silver frog, silver ring, 3 silver earrings, 2 silver earring backs, 2 sinkers, 2 more earring backs, a stainless cross, 2 stainless pedants, a stainless ring, 3 can tabs, 4 more rings, a swim trunk cord end, a key, 6 junky earrings, a broken pendant, an aluminum bag seal ring, a flower dangle, a pair of sunglasses and of course the ever present aluminum foil.

B83E05E0-9FF8-4C94-A4F2-FB435491AFA3.jpeg

The frog is a pendant with marcasite crystals. It has part of a cheapie clasp stuck in the loops that I am able to pull out. So he was hanging on a cheapie chain when he was lost. There are 3 silver earrings with czs, one is gold plated and there are 2 silver earring backs.

15331857-25C5-46CD-AA63-11D974E1A4FA.jpeg

The cladaugh ring looks like silver. It has a makers mark (2 Ks facing each other) but the other mark is a mystery. It looks like Russian. It look like DVB 1: but I don’t have a clue what it means. There are no other marks on the ring to tell me if it is silver or platinum. If anyone out there is familiar with Russian jewelry marks any help would be appreciated.

2A06220A-BB4A-4161-9968-752599157C35.jpeg

This was a good stainless day. A stainless cross with what looks like the Lord’s Prayer in Spanish. An M pendant, a 74 pendant and a ring, all stainless. There are 4 more rings, 3 cheapies and a tungsten carbide.

2134BAA5-22F7-420B-A8CB-02777AFE0CC0.jpeg

So for the week I ended up with a total of 12 rings, 3 gold items, 10 silver items and a nice pile of other jewelry. A very good week. A friend works at the park I did most of my detecting in and he said he has contact info for a man who lost his wedding ring over the weekend. It was lost in part of the swimming area I have not done yet so Monday I will do that section and see if I can find the ring and make the return. I just hope no one else beats me to it, but I can’t get there any sooner.

That makes 25 silvers and 5 golds since my year began on May first. A decent start to the year and the possibility of 2 returns in the near future. (I haven’t had anything I could return in a good while and sometimes these things take a while to work out.). Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Attachments

• 38049159-E229-4CC7-ACA2-85EED5EC140B.jpeg
    38049159-E229-4CC7-ACA2-85EED5EC140B.jpeg
    350.2 KB · Views: 35
  • F3C40F90-FA14-4C37-BA93-E62566AE1BFD.jpeg
    F3C40F90-FA14-4C37-BA93-E62566AE1BFD.jpeg
    439 KB · Views: 37
Upvote 31

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I was at scout camp and spent most of my time instructing and helping boys advance so I only got in 3 short hunts. I just went out and did a little swingin here and there between sites, on trails and in our site (covered well a while back but expanded area this time) hoping for a little luck and some new losses.

In 5.0 hours the CZ21 did manage to locate 145 coins with a face value of $14.32, 45 camp tent pegs, a hatchet head, 5 rope tensioners, foshing gear, a screw driver bit, a foreign coin, fishing sinkers, a tent pole end, an aluminum key chain carabiner, a pile of melted aluminum from the fires and a nice batch of brass grommets (grommets are a fairly common find at the scout camp).

View attachment 2035728

View attachment 2035727

The foreign coin denomination was easy, that side was in good shape 20. The bust, date and country were not easy. (The face was up when it was in the ground so it got fairly toasty.) I can just make out Helvetia to the upper right of the bust so this is from Switzerland. It is a 20 rappen and the style was made from 1939 to the present. You can just make out the top of a 7 under the bust so probably from the 1970s.

View attachment 2035729

View attachment 2035730

It was time to get back in the water. It has been hot so the contributors have been active. It has been dry though which means the water levels are down in the swimming areas.

I went to one of the usual spots. There are 3 swimming areas in this park and so I started at the most popular one and had good luck. In 3.5 hours with the ATPro I found 51 coins with a face value of $6.32, 2.5 pop tabs, 2 gold rings, a gold earring, a silver earring and earring back, 2 more rings, a stainless crucifix, a screw back earring (pieces found about 30 feet apart), 8 junky earrings, a cheapie pendant, a zipper, a brass cord end, a mini handcuff marked OHIO, a smashed penny, a sinker, a hearing aide battery, a minute key, a toy car, a vaping device, and of course bits of aluminum foil.

View attachment 2035731

The first gold ring is large, a size 13 I believe (is is out of round so difficult to measure exactly). It is 18k and weighs 0.22 troy ounces or 6.9 grams. A nice bit of scrap metal. It has a makers name and an inscription. The maker is a small operation so I will contact them and see if they can help me track down the owner. I clean this swimming area out regularly and so this was lost in the last 6 weeks. I might get luck so I will give it a shot. The other gold ring is 14k and has some czs in it. The earring is 14k as well.

View attachment 2035726

The third ring is stainless and has a heartbeat pattern. Ring number 4 is also inscribed and is tungsten carbide. It is huge. My ring stick measures up to size 16 1/2 and this one goes all the way down to the handle. It is at least a 17 1/2 or 18. Lee has big hands.

View attachment 2035732

If you want to know how I find all these goodies look at these pictures. I don’t usually pay much attentions to the VDI readings. I scoop anything with a mid or high tone or combination. The gold earring and the heavy foil from the food wrapper both gave a VDI of 42 or 43. The nickel and the can tab both read 52 or 53. I scooped a target that was mixed mid and low. I got a small hoop earring and a piece of a rusty hair pin. If you don’t take a risk and make the effort you leave good stuff behind. Of course that’s really ok with me because it leaves more for me (more work, but more goodies as well). You just have to decide if scooping an iffy is worth the effort. To me it is well worth it.

View attachment 2035735

View attachment 2035736

I went to a little used swimming area in a lake 30 miles away. I don’t find a lot of coins here since they removed the concession trailer 6 years ago, but I normally find a little gold or silver jewelry. I waited too long to come. It has been very dry and the swimming area was almost all dried up. Lots of beach to detect, but someone else usually does that and my best finds are in the water.

I spent 3.0 hours with the ATPro and found 13 coins with a face value of $0.72, a life jacket key chain, 2 can tabs, a titanium ring, a fashion ring, 2 cheapie earrings, an earring back, 2 sinkers and as always foil.

View attachment 2035737

View attachment 2035738

My last trip was to another swimming area in the first park and I let the ATPro do it’s job for another 3.5 hour hunt. No gold this time but plenty of jewelry and I did ok with the silver.

I managed to find 21 coins with a face value of $2.15, a silver frog, silver ring, 3 silver earrings, 2 silver earring backs, 2 sinkers, 2 more earring backs, a stainless cross, 2 stainless pedants, a stainless ring, 3 can tabs, 4 more rings, a swim trunk cord end, a key, 6 junky earrings, a broken pendant, an aluminum bag seal ring, a flower dangle, a pair of sunglasses and of course the ever present aluminum foil.

View attachment 2035742

The frog is a pendant with marcasite crystals. It has part of a cheapie clasp stuck in the loops that I am able to pull out. So he was hanging on a cheapie chain when he was lost. There are 3 silver earrings with czs, one is gold plated and there are 2 silver earring backs.

View attachment 2035740

The cladaugh ring looks like silver. It has a makers mark (2 Ks facing each other) but the other mark is a mystery. It looks like Russian. It look like DVB 1: but I don’t have a clue what it means. There are no other marks on the ring to tell me if it is silver or platinum. If anyone out there is familiar with Russian jewelry marks any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 2035739

This was a good stainless day. A stainless cross with what looks like the Lord’s Prayer in Spanish. An M pendant, a 74 pendant and a ring, all stainless. There are 4 more rings, 3 cheapies and a tungsten carbide.

View attachment 2035741

So for the week I ended up with a total of 12 rings, 3 gold items, 10 silver items and a nice pile of other jewelry. A very good week. A friend works at the park I did most of my detecting in and he said he has contact info for a man who lost his wedding ring over the weekend. It was lost in part of the swimming area I have not done yet so Monday I will do that section and see if I can find the ring and make the return. I just hope no one else beats me to it, but I can’t get there any sooner.

That makes 25 silvers and 5 golds since my year began on May first. A decent start to the year and the possibility of 2 returns in the near future. (I haven’t had anything I could return in a good while and sometimes these things take a while to work out.). Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

View attachment 2035728

View attachment 2035727

View attachment 2035729

View attachment 2035730

View attachment 2035731

View attachment 2035726

View attachment 2035732

View attachment 2035735

View attachment 2035736

View attachment 2035737

View attachment 2035738

View attachment 2035742

View attachment 2035740

View attachment 2035739

View attachment 2035741

That’s awesome of you spending time with the kids and congratulations on some nice finds!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Digs. Congrats! FWIW I see a #8 after the #7 in your pic of foriegn coin. --78.
Thanks dirtfisher. I was thinking 8 or 9 with a slim chance at 3. Unfortunately with that coin it really doesn’t make much difference.
Thanks for your input, stay safe and keep swingin.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re your Cyrillic characters, after 1994 the Russian Federation created a letter code to date the ring, and then the maker. Yours "appears" to be from 2005. A little link help below:

proba_2-750f0kn3.jpg
Thanks peruna that is a help. I think you are right about it being made in 2005. I don’t ready Russian. Do you have any idea what the rest of it stands for? I’m sure it is silver, but there is no purity mark. I believe the 2 K s is the makers mark.

Thanks again for the help, stay safe and keep swingin.

Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 2035728

View attachment 2035727

View attachment 2035729

View attachment 2035730

View attachment 2035731

View attachment 2035726

View attachment 2035732

View attachment 2035735

View attachment 2035736

View attachment 2035737

View attachment 2035738

View attachment 2035742

View attachment 2035740

View attachment 2035739

View attachment 2035741

Yer killin' it!! Nice bunch of finds! Gold, silver, cash! And cool stuff. Congrats.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2035728

View attachment 2035727

View attachment 2035729

View attachment 2035730

View attachment 2035731

View attachment 2035726

View attachment 2035732

View attachment 2035735

View attachment 2035736

View attachment 2035737

View attachment 2035738

View attachment 2035742

View attachment 2035740

View attachment 2035739

View attachment 2035741

Nice haul!

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks peruna that is a help. I think you are right about it being made in 2005. I don’t ready Russian. Do you have any idea what the rest of it stands for? I’m sure it is silver, but there is no purity mark. I believe the 2 K s is the makers mark.

Thanks again for the help, stay safe and keep swingin.
Short version is that the next character that looks like a "B" is the assayer's mark.
The next mark is of the "organizer" or third party who sells the item. think of it more as a "Zale's" or Kay" type of mark.
Quite frankly, the " 1: " is a mystery. The ring appears to be an alloy of apparently silver, but nothing in my search gives any indication of what it means.

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

View attachment 2035728

View attachment 2035727

View attachment 2035729

View attachment 2035730

View attachment 2035731

View attachment 2035726

View attachment 2035732

View attachment 2035735

View attachment 2035736

View attachment 2035737

View attachment 2035738

View attachment 2035742

View attachment 2035740

View attachment 2035739

View attachment 2035741

crushed it man you are making me excited to water hunt, I have access to a nice river site but the water is still very high, fast and cold (and 60 miles away so gas is a factor) but thanks for sharing I hunt like you on 2tone dig all the squeaks, take care good luck on the return trip and the ringseeking!

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Short version is that the next character that looks like a "B" is the assayer's mark.
The next mark is of the "organizer" or third party who sells the item. think of it more as a "Zale's" or Kay" type of mark.
Quite frankly, the " 1: " is a mystery. The ring appears to be an alloy of apparently silver, but nothing in my search gives any indication of what it means.
Thanks again peruna. That is a big help. Stay safe and keep swingin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread