This Week's Hunts, Slow Start, Ended with a Bang!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuesday I hit a section of river that appears to be more popular with fishermen than swimmers. Not many pull tabs either. After 4.5 hours in the water I netted $1.56 in clad and some fishing junk.
26Jul2022.jpeg

Wednesday I hit a small Lake Tahoe beach that's kind of tough to get to. I thought maybe not many detectorists would be making that hike. I underestimated my md'ing brethren. :laughing7:
In 6 hours on beach and in the water I managed to find $1.16 in clad and a nice ring full of stones that had me skipping down the path on the way out of there!
27Jul2022a.jpeg

It wasn't until I got home and used my loupe to verify my prize that I discovered I found another nicely made 925 ring. Doh!
27Jul2022b.jpeg

Thursday I hit another small beach that obviously gets hammered pretty good. Fortunately I only spent a couple of hours to find 49 cents, a cheapie ring and some kinda zipper fob.
28Jul2022.jpeg

Friday I went back to one of the rafting areas on the river. It's not easy detecting there, between the stiff current, the rocky bottom and the hundreds of rafts that seem to all be aiming for me, it's really tough to locate and then recover a target. Even so, this place gets detected daily after the rafts stop coming so it's do or die if you want the prize, and I DO!
So, in about 5 hours in the water I managed to locate $1.20 in clad, some fishing gear, a cell phone tool and a size 11.5 white 14k gold wedding band!
29Jul2022a.jpeg
0731220746.jpeg

Perseverance pays off again! Honestly though, I really just enjoy being up in the mountains where it's cool, the beautiful clear blue water and the amazing scenery of the Tahoe Basin.

Last edited:
Upvote 20

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tuesday I hit a section of river that appears to be more popular with fishermen than swimmers. Not many pull tabs either. After 4.5 hours in the water I netted $1.56 in clad and some fishing junk.
View attachment 2039243

Wednesday I hit a small Lake Tahoe beach that's kind of tough to get to. I thought maybe not many detectorists would be making that hike. I underestimated my md'ing brethren. :laughing7:
In 6 hours on beach and in the water I managed to find $1.16 in clad and a nice ring full of stones that had me skipping down the path on the way out of there!
View attachment 2039244

It wasn't until I got home and used my loupe to verify my prize that I discovered I found another nicely made 925 ring. Doh!
View attachment 2039245

Thursday I hit another small beach that obviously gets hammered pretty good. Fortunately I only spent a couple of hours to find 49 cents, a cheapie ring and some kinda zipper fob.
View attachment 2039246

Friday I went back to one of the rafting areas on the river. It's not easy detecting there, between the stiff current, the rocky bottom and the hundreds of rafts that seem to all be aiming for me, it's really tough to locate and then recover a target. Even so, this place gets detected daily after the rafts stop coming so it's do or die if you want the prize, and I DO!
So, in about 5 hours in the water I managed to locate $1.20 in clad, some fishing gear, a cell phone tool and a size 11.5 white 14k gold wedding band!
View attachment 2039249 View attachment 2039385

Perseverance pays off again! Honestly though, I really just enjoy being up in the mountains where it's cool, the beautiful clear blue water and the amazing scenery of the Tahoe Basin.
You hit it pretty hard my friend. Congratulations on that beautiful ring!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2039243

View attachment 2039244

View attachment 2039245

View attachment 2039246

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your great ring find!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring....congrats 👏 onthat beauty!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2039243

View attachment 2039244

View attachment 2039245

View attachment 2039246

silver and gold, an awesome combination

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread