Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this, this past weekend. I found three pieces of it. Just wanted to get some ideas from you what it might be? the piece with rust in center has one part that swivels the small brass is broken off, but i do not think it was connected to swivel piece, but the look the same... I was thinking Razor or Fancy Pocket Knife, but what do you think? Knife 1.jpg knife 2.jpg Find 1.jpg

Last edited:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think small pocket knife and the curve in that one piece would have been the bed piece and the backbone of the knife, the blade of the knife would have sat in the void.

Upvote 0

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another vote for pocket knife. All the straight razors I have ever seen had a curved handle.

Upvote 0

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the handles and spacer for a pocket knife

Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A foldable pocket knife seems the logical guess here, but could it be the handle to a small foldable razor?
This clip has me thinking it's something other than a pocket knife handle though. :icon_scratch:
Dave

Attachments

• Knife 1-crop.jpg
    Knife 1-crop.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 58
  • medium-198199.0_1.jpg
    medium-198199.0_1.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 22
Upvote 0
OP
OP
erfranks

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the responses, I am thinking Gentleman Pocket Knife also. the little third piece does fit from post back to center, thinking that might be the locking part of the knife. With all the pocket knives i have found never a brass one... Thank you.

Upvote 0

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think if it was a razor the handle would be slightly curved like the pic posted by antiquarian. My money is on a long pocket knife. Cool find! maybe you could find a blade or have one made.

Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello ERFranks,
I agree with the majority in that it is a pocket knife, but to be more specific, it appears to be a Victorian embossed, folding 'Fruit Knife.' The cases were made of metal, and they were generally embossed with some type of fancy motif. Yours maybe an early one because it is NOT made from silver. Citric acid from the fruit soon pitted the steel and other metal ones, so they eventually started making them out of sterling silver. Below is an example of a sterling silver one.
Victorian Folding Fruit Knife.jpg

Neat find!
Southern Smiles :)
Breezie

Last edited:
Upvote 0

whynot

Jan 27, 2005
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 w/ 9x12 coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
believe it or not, I have one intact with the same design I found in 1968 in a ditch bank in my front yard in northern Alabama. It was buried around some very old barbed wire. I have somehow misplaced it but will post a pic once I find it...

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread