Thread Icons with Contributor Indication

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question. There's a handy indicator on the miniaturised avatar of the original poster for a thread, that lets you easily find threads to which you have made a contribution. It appears as an even smaller representation of your own avatar in the bottom right corner of the OP's avatar... like this:

Icons1.jpg

However, it doesn't seem to be enabled for all forum sections. Some have it, and some don't... like this for example:

Icons2.jpg

Any chance it can be enabled for all forum sections? I find it really useful.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question. There's a handy indicator on the miniaturised avatar of the original poster for a thread, that lets you easily find threads to which you have made a contribution. It appears as an even smaller representation of your own avatar in the bottom right corner of the OP's avatar... like this:

View attachment 1984532

However, it doesn't seem to be enabled for all forum sections. Some have it, and some don't... like this for example:

View attachment 1984533

There are a few forums that aren't "traditional" forums. I'm guessing that is the reason for the difference.

For example, the "What is it?" section is technically a "Question & Answer" node. It allows users to vote on the answers to the original poster, and the original poster can mark one of the posts as the answer and it puts that post underneath the original post so the answer can be seen more easily.

The other sections like Today's Finds, and its siblings are technically "Suggestion" nodes. They allow people to vote on the first post so that they can "vote it up" to hopefully become a banner find. So the software works differently on these 2 types of "forums" -- now known as "nodes" in the new software.

I'm guessing this is the reason why the behavior is different. Having said that, I can look around for a modification to add that functionality but if it's not out there my hands are tied.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did some research. We actually have a modification on those forums that shows a thumbnail of the attachment instead of the normal avatar of the poster. If we disable this add-on the functionality works.. but we lose the thumbnail. I guess this is one we can put up for a vote...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have the same thing already, if you want to see threads you have posted in just

View attachment 1984532

View attachment 1984533

If you click on "my posts" link under "forums" it will show every post and thread you have posted in and if there are replies to them..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Red-Coat

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. No biggie, but thanks for the explanation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread