Three feet deep?

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Sailboat coastal British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Presently Anfibio Muliti. Sold my MXT sport, TDI pro and Macro Gold Racer Just got April 2023 Deus 2 and Cscope 4 Pi (England made)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gold detector I need is based on prospecting an existing, productive claim that could have "cache" placer or even small vein gold... in other words not pickers or flour gold but a good target. I am looking for a detector that might penetrate up to 3 feet. The location is Vancouver Island and soil is forest based mixed sand, loam, clay. I do have an Anfibio Multi which is a keeper. However, I believe something more powerful is needed for this project. Thanks...

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Minelab GPX 5000 machine with Coiltek 22" DD Goldstalker coil. :skullflag:

OP
OP
seascene

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Presently Anfibio Muliti. Sold my MXT sport, TDI pro and Macro Gold Racer Just got April 2023 Deus 2 and Cscope 4 Pi (England made)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab GPX 5000 machine with Coiltek 22" DD Goldstalker coil. :skullflag:

Thanks Terry... much appreciated and will check out that set up you recommend. I saw this on the Minelab site about the gpz 7000 but perhaps this is overkill for this project I mentioned.

Extra Deep
(Typically ≥50 grams) A specific mode for
detecting very large, deep targets. This
mode will punch deeper than all other
modes, taking you to the NEXT LEVEL of
gold detection up to 40%* deeper than GPX
detectors

OP
OP
seascene

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JW Pulse 8x.

Thanks for posting AARC ... I went to their website and noticed an answer to a question about depth. The answer: "Depending on the size of the target, the maximum depth would likely be around 12-inches or so. "

The project under way is on a mining claim at the side of a mountain about 5000' up. The traps from washes down the side of the mountain we probed to be about (give or take) 3' of depth to bedrock or hard clay. We are thinking there is a small vein within the wash zone as well. To just sum it up we figure we need a detector to get down to that 3' vicinity so we can check the numerous wash traps. If I missed something about the JW Pulse 8x please let me know. Regards.... Gary

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The GPZ7000 is the current standard for deep gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread