Three feet down...

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Sailboat coastal British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Presently Anfibio Muliti. Sold my MXT sport, TDI pro and Macro Gold Racer Just got April 2023 Deus 2 and Cscope 4 Pi (England made)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am involved in a mining claim project requiring a detector to reach 3 feet vicinity depth. The gold target is a cache of placer so a large target as opposed to pickers. I was told the ATX might be something to consider. Vancouver Island is the location...forested land, soils being mix of sand, loam, clay with virtually no general trash except for an occasional rotting away logging cable. I will be reviewing this sub forum but any brand to reach this depth info at this time would be appreciated. The forest is getting to a stage with cooler weather and some rain that it is less fire prone and suited to get out there again. Thanks....

Steve 009

Greenie
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Evening i have just read your post i am also from Vancouver island and i have a Garrett ATX would love to come out with you to do some prospecting. My email is [email protected]

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot speak for the gattett or minelab PI machines, but it has been my experience through testing with VLF, that a larger object can be found at a greater depth than a smaller object(s) combined. Example an object the size of a foot ball (might) be found at 2 feet but the equivalent scattered in say a 3 or 4 foot area at the same depth cannot be found unless you first dig to a depth of the detectors capability of that object. Go to youtube and watch break for bedrock.
If all the gold was in a dense pocket that that equaled the football then you might be able to locate it.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
A little late to the show but I’ve heard the ATX can hit a pop can at 3ft at the beach if that gives any indication.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread