Three-hour hunt today with V1.08 👍

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After updating my machine last night, I was amazed at how many changes Nokta made. The pitch tones are nice and the ground balance is more responsive and not as picky about having perfectly clear ground to auto GB over. I really want to take the Legend to some old mines with some interesting ore piles that I know about in the mountains. I want to see how it performs in truly mineralized soil. It's disappointing that the IF/ST can only be activated using M1-3. I saw a video by one of the Nomads, and he said that the new update was having trouble with nickels and that the VDI for them changed to 20-21. Not true, I found a lot of nickles and they were all 26-29. I even used several of the nickel targets to test if the VDI's were the same in all three multi-freqs with the IF/Stability activated and found no difference. Anyway, it's a good update with lots of variables for everyone to experiment with.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
Thanks for taking the time to give us an update on V1.08...

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still have not updated. Yes that is quite a list of changes and additions. I know it's still early days, but can you say if there is a noticeable improvement in actually detecting metal, or is it mostly an improved tuning update, and thereby maybe help the detectorist not miss what the machine detects. Just curious about the opinions. I do realize both cases could improve your detecting experience and/or improve your recoveries.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still have not updated. Yes that is quite a list of changes and additions. I know it's still early days, but can you say if there is a noticeable improvement in actually detecting metal, or is it mostly an improved tuning update, and thereby maybe help the detectorist not miss what the machine detects. Just curious about the opinions. I do realize both cases could improve your detecting experience and/or improve your recoveries.
The New 'Iron Filter' and 'Stability' settings are too good to ignore. Think of them as a coarse/fine adjustment. Here is a scenario; a silver dime with iron nails/bolts all around it, some touching, some above, ... a total mess. Adjusting those two settings bring the dime to the forefront, loudly. This works beyond the 'notching' features on the Legend and other manufactures. It is fantastic.

I have my Legend set as; Iron Filter (IF) = 4 Stability (ST) = 4 (Park M1, Full Sensitivity, 4 Tone Breaks)

Last edited:

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for that explanation. Pretty clear, and I appreciate the addition of your personal setup. Once I upload I have just the old school house turned county park to hit with that. Looking for some feedback from folks who are using it on the sandy saltwater beaches like here in FL as well. Thanks again.

OP
OP
nuggetshooter323

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, the IF/ST adjustments are amazing and they increase the learning curve if you want to play with them. Nokta set it up differently than XP and ML. The IF stock setting is 8, which is what the machine is with no adjustment. Then if you want to change the setting, you're actually reducing the strength of IF, instead of increasing it.
With all the new features, you can set-up the Legend up totally differently at every site. You can decide how much effort you want to put into your adjustments. But I will say this, the Legend has something special about it despite all the new features. I have never dug so many coins and jewelry in only four months.

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used
Antique whites TR-goldmaster

Under water model to be posted
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The New 'Iron Filter' and 'Stability' settings are too good to ignore. Think of them as a coarse/fine adjustment. Here is a scenario; a silver dime with iron nails/bolts all around it, some touching, some above, ... a total mess. Adjusting those two settings bring the dime to the forefront, loudly. This works beyond the 'notching' features on the Legend and other manufactures. It is fantastic.

I have my Legend set as; Iron Filter (IF) = 4 Stability (ST) = 4 (Park M1, Full Sensitivity, 4 Tone Breaks)
Question Rich. When you do the settings for IF, is that only saved for the IF mode, and not effecting other modes?
There are settings that are global as stated by nokta.

Just saw this, and I might buy some stock in the company. I didn't really realize I got into such a new detector.

Last edited:

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Question Rich. When you do the settings for IF, is that only saved for the IF mode, and not effecting other modes?
There are settings that are global as stated by nokta.

Just saw this, and I might buy some stock in the company. I didn't really realize I got into such a new detector.
I set this up in Profile 2 hoping that its segregated, now I'm using;

M2
Recovery Speed 4
Iron Filter 2 / Stability 5
Audio Gain 4

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

thanks Richard. With the IF and Stability settings still be active if I go to 15kHZ instead of M1?

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe so since the 60 tones stay 'locked-in' when I change from M1 and M2. I'm using the below settings along with 60 tones for silver in trashy areas

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220729-111311_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20220729-111311_Samsung Notes.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 29

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe so since the 60 tones stay 'locked-in' when I change from M1 and M2. I'm using the below settings along with 60 tones for silver in trashy areas
Changing frequencies doesn't change my setup

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After updating my machine last night, I was amazed at how many changes Nokta made. The pitch tones are nice and the ground balance is more responsive and not as picky about having perfectly clear ground to auto GB over. I really want to take the Legend to some old mines with some interesting ore piles that I know about in the mountains. I want to see how it performs in truly mineralized soil. It's disappointing that the IF/ST can only be activated using M1-3. I saw a video by one of the Nomads, and he said that the new update was having trouble with nickels and that the VDI for them changed to 20-21. Not true, I found a lot of nickles and they were all 26-29. I even used several of the nickel targets to test if the VDI's were the same in all three multi-freqs with the IF/Stability activated and found no difference. Anyway, it's a good update with lots of variables for everyone to experiment with.
Change the ground balance on version 1.08 and the Nickle I D will change...that is WHY we have 1.09

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nuggetshooter what did you update your machine to ?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I read the initial post wrong

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree with what you are saying with the IF setting but in my case I cannot run the IF setting at 1 simply because there is to much magnetite in the ground I detect it is like you are trying to detect over a big metal plate, if you have not yet activated the mineralization meter I suggest you do so it is a great added feature to the legend in 1.08 and 1.09, the mineral meter has two sides to it, Left side is iron particles in the ground and right side is salt content in ground

the mineral meter on left side has bars 1-10 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest in iron particles
right side is the same 1-10 bars indicating salt content 1 being the lowest 10 being the highest in salt content

on the ground I detect the left side of the mineral meter is pegged which is 10 bars salt side right side of the meter is bouncing 1-4 in salt contend, which tells me my ground is extreme highly mineralized if I set my IF setting to 1 the Legend is going nuts trying to see through all the iron particles that is in my ground I detect I have to keep the IF set to 5 or 6 otherwise I am fighting an up hill battle trying to detect, even at a 5-6 IF setting it is a struggle but tolerable

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MEAN GROUND!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread