Threshold Level

Suncoast Kid

Feb 15, 2022
Detector(s) used
Minelab, XP
In Park mode, using the wireless headphones, when adjusting the volume of the threshold, I can go up to 11 and I still hear nothing over the headphones, but when I go up one to 12, I get a loud blare sound. The Threshold works as normal over the detector speaker. I'm currently using v1.07, and have had this issue since the beginning. Obviously the Threshold should be off at zero, and should gradually increase as I go up. Is anyone else still having this problem? Is this a known issue that will be corrected in the next update? Thanks.

Last edited:

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In Park mode, using the wireless headphones, when adjusting the volume of the threshold, I can go up to 11 and I still hear nothing over the headphones, but when I go up one to 12, I get a loud blare sound. The Threshold works as normal over the detector speaker. I'm currently using v1.07, and have had this issue since the beginning. Obviously the Threshold should be off at zero, and should gradually increase as I go up. Is anyone else still having this problem? Is this a known issue that will be corrected in the next update? Thanks.
there are two different settings for the threshold one is the threshold itself and the other is for the pitch of the threshold you obviously adjusted the threshold to 12 by your own statement, did you also by chance adjust the threshold pitch to see if that helped park, field and beach the threshold is set to factory default of 1 the threshold pitch is set to factory default of 0, gold mode however is set factory default threshold of 12 and threshold pitch factory default is set to 13, I do not hunt in beach mode, but I did set my park and field to be like the gold mode and it seemed to help, to me the threshold pitch acts as sort of a volume for the threshold but not really sure that is accurate though, try what I suggested and let us know if it helped all of those settings are in the manual

you will need to adjust both to your liking though what I stated is what I ended up with

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what am I missing if I ignore Threshhold altogether as in leave it at factory setting. Without any adjusting, right now I can’t hear it.

OP
OP
Suncoast Kid

Suncoast Kid

Feb 15, 2022
Detector(s) used
Minelab, XP
If general hunting, I don't think you're missing much as it seems to respond quite well to targets searching without a threshold, sort of like silent search. If you prefer to hunt with a threshold, they do make an adapter so you can use other headphones, if you prefer to hear a threshold. My understanding is that it's a Bluetooth issue with the wireless headphones that's in the works of being resolved.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If general hunting, I don't think you're missing much as it seems to respond quite well to targets searching without a threshold, sort of like silent search. If you prefer to hunt with a threshold, they do make an adapter so you can use other headphones, if you prefer to hear a threshold. My understanding is that it's a Bluetooth issue with the wireless headphones that's in the works of being resolved.
Thanks. If there aren’t any negative effects I don’t mind hunting without a Threshhold - my Tiger Shark is silent search so I am used to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread