Not open for further replies.

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Tim you wrote, Keep in mind that I've been personally accused of lying, stealing, cheating, etc. on this very board, none of which is true. I've also been accused of conspiring with French archaeologists, with a picture of me, my wife, and some very non-French colleagues shown as evidence! That sort of blew my mind.

I just want to point out this, not trying to be negative, You said that you were not in France to meet with the French on the Trinity, but yet GME has an email that says different, I can show this letter if you like, in fact it was presented in court,

You also made a statement in court that said cannon balls did not have markings on them. " Yes u did say that" And that ballast stones were just rocks and had no diagnostic value, and that a tool was not diagnostic.

I have found ballast stones that had gold and Silver in them that came from the mines of Santo Domingo, Ballast slag bricks from Europe that were to pave the streets of San Juan PR.
The Ballast stones that GME discovery on the Trinity were Flint rock, at that time Normandy was the only place they would have come from is that a smoking gun of what the ship is, NO, but they are diagnostic.

You said or Duggans did, that you cannot bring up anything unless you can see a date or name on it, Yes that was said in court.

Almost all artifacts are covered in mud, calcium carbonate or incrustation, and until and I will say again, until you conserve them and study them you do not know what they can tell you. This is true with cannon, anchor, coins, anything under water.
So I say this to you, and I hope in a nice way, You nor Ryan Duggans understands what a diagnostic artifacts is, nor do you have any experience in underwater archaeology, And Ryan Duggans has very little in water time

Honestly Tim you said that GME did not have permission to Use prop wash deflectors, and was in Ryan Duggans report "this was not true" GME did have permisssion in the permit.

You said GME did not have permission to remove a few ballast stones, cannon balls and a tool, and that they were not diagnostic. but yet we did have permission as it was in the permit, and I have emails from you, Kerry Post and Mary Glowacki to prove that.
So on the diagnostic issue either you and Duggans did not tell the truth or you are both incompetent as archeaologest .

Again not trying to be disrespectful, just pointing out the facts.

TheRealTim

Aug 17, 2022
Bobby, with all due respect there is absolutely no way I'm having this discussion with you on the internet. I'm surprised you even discuss court cases publicly. Good lawyers strongly advise against that.

I'll simply say that you're not representing my statements accurately. That's the plain and simple truth. Everything I ever did with the state is an open book, and the documents are all out there for anyone who actually wants to look.

EDIT: I will say one thing in direct response: of course I met with representatives from France. No one ever denied that and it was never a secret. Heck, you reached out to them before I did. But to suggest there was some kind of conspiracy is absurd.

OP
OP
B

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yea telling the truth is not an issue for me

Status