Time ranger or dis overly 3300

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You already have the Time Ranger according to your profile. Do you like the Garret AT Pro? I am curious as to my you didn't ask about the Ace 250. I used the F4 last season with a DD coil. the 3300 is similar, it would make a descent back-up. I'd pick a detector that has multiple coil options though.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Neither. Can't buy a DD coil for 6.6 khz detectors. Better choices for a backup.......l

Fisher F2 or F4
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro or Land Ranger Pro
Teknetics Eurotek Pro

All have DD coils made for them, all have faster recovery rates and all have TID.

OP
OP
monte952003

monte952003

May 11, 2014
Blairsville PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
GARRETT AT Pro
GARRETT GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a time ranger with a dd on it

RoofingNails

Greenie
May 27, 2015
Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Time Ranger, Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like my Time Ranger, especially with the ridiculously low price tag you can get if you wait for amazon to get one returned (amazon warehouse deals seller under used on the amazon product page)... I haven't used a DD coil, but the 4" coil it comes with is a beast when it comes to recovery, I rarely use my pinpointer since I got the TR. Keep in mind this is all from a total noob.

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The time Ranger any day, and here's why.

There are 4 versions of it, the last one was the only one with a prospecting mode. Still sold new as "Titan 9000".

The original Time Rangers (first three versions) had an ID scale ranging from 1 to 299.

When the V4 was released, they cut it to 1 to 199. In doing this, there is an interesting side-effect for gold ring hunters : about 99% of ALL pulltabs in the creation will register Under 5c. NOT Under pulltabs. Yes, even the beavertails will be found in the 5c range, and yes, you can differentiate them from nickels.

Now, every signal in the pulltab range becomes highly suspect for those who hunt for gold rings.

The Time Ranger/Titan 9000 gives accurate ID up to 6-7".

A very good unit for the price, even if it is now outclassed by newer FT releases.

HH

Grumpy

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The F2 and F4 operate at 5.9 kHz. The 11" DD coils for the pre-2010 models have the male, push-in DIN cables that hook directly into the BH detectors. There have been dozens of posts over various forums that have stated these work well, outperforming the 10.25" BH Magnum coil for depth and separation, tho discrimination appears to suffer some.

BigMerv

Jul 29, 2013
Jackson, MS Metro Area
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3300 with 4", 8", and 10" coils. Time Ranger with 4", 8", 10", and F4 11" DD coils.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NEL and Cors make a full range of DD coils for the Discovery line of BH detectors which will work on the Time Ranger.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NEL and Cors make a full range of DD coils for the Discovery line of BH detectors which will work on the Time Ranger.
Yeah. NEL and CORS has done a lot to meet the needs of the plug in fiasco created by FTP. I saw that my comments were 4 years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread