Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Im always on the lookout for money laying around on the ground usually its a dollar for me lol. Nice find
Yes one time I was trying to find a parking space in a busy parking lot.
Going round and round I finally found a parking spot and opened the car door and found a $5 bill on the floor

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah, don't buy a lottery ticket, buy $20 worth of silver! You can get alot of circulated silver dimes from the coin shop!
I think I may do that....good advice UnderMiner
Yes one time I was trying to find a parking space in a busy parking lot.
Going round and round I finally found a parking spot and opened the car door and found a $5 bill on the floor
Always a pleasant surprise :)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always think of how much money is in the ground Ive gone out and found close to 100 coins many times lots of quarters ect there has to be billions of dollars in just coins in the ground. lol

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always think of how much money is in the ground Ive gone out and found close to 100 coins many times lots of quarters ect there has to be billions of dollars in just coins in the ground. lol
I hadn't thought of it that way before...but I often imagine drunk roman soldiers dropping their coins. :)

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once walked for a little over a mile on the side of a highway collecting every single coin I could find below the guard rail. I found something like $1.20 in coins and a silver hoop earring (5 grams sterling if I remember correctly). Since there are four guard rails per highway (two for northbound and two for southbound) I estimated there was about $5 in coins under the guard rails of every mile of highway (in NYC) plus random jewlery also.

So where are all these coins and jewelry coming from? My theory is from car crashes, and spilling out of the pockets of motorcyclists.

So we can extrapolate the numbers. How many miles of highway there are in NYC times four, times $1.20. Tens of thousands of dollars in the least is my estimate. Now, all we need is a vehicle equipped with a big vaccum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread