Tiny but impressed.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Hi guys. Went out today for a break from house hunting. Getting a but stressful right now as our eviction time is drawing very near, not got a lock in new home yet.
My main today was to go out and chill out on my own catching some yabbies and detect between pulling up the nets.
Didn't get a lot of yabbies (your crawfish) but they were all great size. All got using dog biscuits as bait.
About 30 nice size ones. This big.
IMG_20220321_174908_323~2.jpg

Got 3 tiny bits of gold with the Terra. Was really happy to be honest. The best bit was easy 3 inches deep. Super deep for gold no, but considering all 3 just weighed 0.15 grams. It was impressive for a VLF. 😀 Happy day.
IMG_20220321_171635_165~2.jpg

Upvote 10
OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Gold and mud bugs how do you cook the crayfish?
Hi. Rule of thumb for these is. Dope them down in water with ice, they go comatose, wait till the water boils, add say a fifth of a teaspoon of salt in the water and then add the yabbies. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes max. They'll be red but then. Too long and the meat shrinks and loose the taste. I have found that they are better slightly underdone than overdone. 👍
Had the nets ready to go with the misses today, unfortunately she has some health issues and pulled the plug this morning. So I made sure she was ok then went and swung the detector for a few hrs.
But we love eating these. Hoping for a go at them again next week😀

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread