Titanium

jemms

Dec 1, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone I know just recently lost a titanium ring. We searched for over an hour for it, and it's not a very big area. I have found coins, a gold ring, and many other things, but I'm not sure what settings to use for titanium. As far as I know, I don't have anything made out of titanium. Can anyone offer any input on settings when looking for titanium. Thanks

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome from Florida be nice if we knew what kind of a machine you had

OP
OP
J

jemms

Dec 1, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I'm new here, and thought I was in that area already. TreasurePro, with original double D.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jemms, since the ring will be right on the surface, you will want to grid the area since and checkout every signal. Also, run with an open screen (no discrimination) since Titanium is below both Iron and Lead on the conductance scale. Good luck!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have no problem finding a titanium ring, just have to get the coil over it and check every signal Like SD51 said grid the area, work n-s then re-grid it e-w if you haven't found it. I have found titanium rings with no problems.

Last edited:

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a titanium one that someone lost also. It does ring up "low" on the VDI scale. (I have an Equinox 800, so the VDI scale is -9 to 40, and it range up in the low teens).
Good luck to you jemms - everyone's suggestions are good ones (such as gridding out the area and checking every signal). As someone said, it will be on the surface.

- Brian
(I think the one I found for this person was a Motiv titanium fitness tracking smart-ring.)
eMNR9dK.jpg

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you have a good machine with a double d coil you should have no problem finding the ring take the advice of the other metal detectors here they know there stuff

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, don't get discouraged if the ring is not in the area your friend thought it would be. Many times, I have found rings for people that weren't where they thought it would be so if that is the case, have them show you the "path" they took to and from the area where they thought they lost it.

OP
OP
J

jemms

Dec 1, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jemms, since the ring will be right on the surface, you will want to grid the area since and checkout every signal. Also, run with an open screen (no discrimination) since Titanium is below both Iron and Lead on the conductance scale. Good luck!

Thank you! This young man that lost his ring has brain cancer, so I hope I can find it., Thanks again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread