To 99thpercentile

shugar

Tenderfoot
Nov 18, 2022
Dear Dr.99thpercentile ,
I think , the members of this site are so lucky to have you here .It's obvious that you have a good experience with geophysical instruments .And I wish , you can help me and other serious treasure hunters with that .
As you know , there are a huge number of treasure devices in the market. Excepting traditional metal detectors and gprs many of these devices are too expensive and other are scams . The problem with metal detectors lies in shllow depth . Although there are a "deep" detectors this is not enough for serious treasure hunting and their coils are too big and heavy .GPRs also heavy , big and not suitable for search in rough terrain .
My "naive" question to you :
Is there in the market or anywhere in this world a device with the following specifications ?
- small and portable ;
- deep ( 10 feet);
- some discrimination .
Best wishes ,

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy's Garrett AT Pro would smack a silver quarter at 9-10". My XP Deus would also find one at that depth. My old Tesoro Lobo found a small cannon ball at 28", my current XP Deus II can easily hit a coin nickel to quarter size at 10". MOST modern machines can get down to 8-10" sometimes a lot more depending on the soil and the size of the targets. With my old Tesoro Cibola I hit a crusty titanium ring at 16" and it was a chore to get it out of the ground. Remember, you generally get what you pay for. I am sure others will give you their experiences and recommendations soon.

99thpercentile

Nov 2, 2006
Evergreen, CO
Detector(s) used
Geonics EM61-MK2, Geophex GEM-3, GapEOD UltraTEM III, Minelabs F3, Foerster MINEX 2FD 4.500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Dr.99thpercentile ,
I think , the members of this site are so lucky to have you here .It's obvious that you have a good experience with geophysical instruments .And I wish , you can help me and other serious treasure hunters with that .
As you know , there are a huge number of treasure devices in the market. Excepting traditional metal detectors and gprs many of these devices are too expensive and other are scams . The problem with metal detectors lies in shllow depth . Although there are a "deep" detectors this is not enough for serious treasure hunting and their coils are too big and heavy .GPRs also heavy , big and not suitable for search in rough terrain .
My "naive" question to you :
Is there in the market or anywhere in this world a device with the following specifications ?
- small and portable ;
- deep ( 10 feet);
- some discrimination .
Best wishes ,
What is the target?

How big is the target?

Why do you specify a 10 ft depth? Can you explain why you think the target is 10 ft deep?

How large is your survey area?

How long do you plan to be out performing surveys?

OP
OP
S

shugar

Tenderfoot
Nov 18, 2022
What is the target?

How big is the target?

Why do you specify a 10 ft depth? Can you explain why you think the target is 10 ft deep?

How large is your survey area?

How long do you plan to be out performing surveys?
The target is a caches of silver or gold ancient coins .
The caches can be placed in a small pottery jars or iron boxes ( the diameter is between 5 to 10 inches ).
Why 10 ft depth ? First - it is a max depth that I supposed . Secondly , the target may be placed in an ancient deep buried cave in a rocky and rugged mountainous area . There are many big stones in the area , which may placed upov the cave .
The survey area is a small mountain .
How long ? It depends on many conditions . But in general it is about 5 hours each time .

OP
OP
S

shugar

Tenderfoot
Nov 18, 2022
Seems that my question is either incomprehensible , unfamiliar or such devices were not invented.
Referring to my previous posts , I can give an example of what I meant : Easy Way Ground Scanner
(Deleted for rule violation)
But , the big question : is it really works ?? or it is like many other scams ?? :dontknow:
If such device is just a hoax, is science really incapable of inventing something similar , but really works ?

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it looks like a dowsing rod, then it's a dowsing rod and therefore a scam. At $4635 that's quite an expensive education for gullible treasure hunters.
I think what you would like is something that can detect treasure remotely, using radiation or auras or ions or whatever. No such thing, and any device claiming to do that is almost certainly a fraud. I won't say science will never crack this nut but I don't see anything on the horizon.

OP
OP
S

shugar

Tenderfoot
Nov 18, 2022
I mentioned that device just for example of what I'am looking for . I know , that many or all of such devices are fraud .And I don't believe in dowsing rods .

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mentioned that device just for example of what I'am looking for . I know , that many or all of such devices are fraud .And I don't believe in dowsing rods .

If it has a swivel handle or rod it is going to take a huge amount of practice to learn. A very few people can pick it up quickly but like me I struggled for a few years before i figured out the pure focus. I posted recently on the dowsing page about the two-rod sweep. When people talk about focus, it’s not about how much gold are you going to find. With pure focus you keep your mind away from those type of thoughts. And it’s so easy to reject what your subconscious presents to you. One cringe and it’s gone.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it has a swivel handle or rod it is going to take a huge amount of practice to learn. A very few people can pick it up quickly but like me I struggled for a few years before i figured out the pure focus. I posted recently on the dowsing page about the two-rod sweep. When people talk about focus, it’s not about how much gold are you going to find. With pure focus you keep your mind away from those type of thoughts. And it’s so easy to reject what your subconscious presents to you. One cringe and it’s gone.
You will need a big coil—one meter square probably not enough for ten feet but try it first. A two meter square coil on a pulse induction detector will go that deep.

99thpercentile

Nov 2, 2006
Evergreen, CO
Detector(s) used
Geonics EM61-MK2, Geophex GEM-3, GapEOD UltraTEM III, Minelabs F3, Foerster MINEX 2FD 4.500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will need a big coil—one meter square probably not enough for ten feet but try it first. A two meter square coil on a pulse induction detector will go that deep.
This is a Geonics EM61-MK2 that my colleagues and I were operating on Wake Island a few years ago. It has a 1 m by 0.5 m coil set, both transmitter and receiver. It is a time domain electromagnetic induction (TDEM) instrument, what people on this forum call pulse induction. This system is considered digital geophysical mapping (DGM) in that it records four time gates on each decay curve with up to 18 samples per second. The geophysical data is recorded simultaneously with the position in both local coordinates as well as real time kinematic (RTK) global navigation surveying system (GNSS) positions which are accurate to approximately 1 cm. This system can detect targets to a depth of 3 m (~10 ft).

Attachments

• 4A4EEA2D-024D-4B44-8B8E-27FC4D9B5DE0.png
    4A4EEA2D-024D-4B44-8B8E-27FC4D9B5DE0.png
    307 KB · Views: 26
  • EA59B16D-1319-4052-93B9-DFA99F8ECB0F.png
    EA59B16D-1319-4052-93B9-DFA99F8ECB0F.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 28

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread