To find treasures with satellite detection?

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I have heard rumors of the corona satelite being able to detect desitity variations that could find heavy metals etc. Supposedly the technology exist to find gold and other metal deposits from space using this technology, but it is not available to the public.

Just a rumor, but have read some articles that seem to substantiate its existence.

Robert in SC

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.
Klaus33 said:
Which is the best system of satellite detection to locate consistent treasures? Klaus :P

Theres a few satellites up there that take IR, UV, microwave, millimeter wave and some other wave pictures, but it depends on where you are and which ones pass over the area your interested in. I'm on dialup, or I'd do some searches and provide more info. I seem to remember that there are websites that can tell you which satellite goes where and what it does there, but I don't recall it off hand.

F.

hvs

Dec 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which is the best system of satellite detection underground?

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main issue with this method is resolution. Most satellites have a resolution of 10 METERS or higher. So unless you are searching for something larger than 20 to 30 feet in size, the satellite data will not be able to resolve what you are looking for.

I would like to use satellite data to search for covered mines and underground voids, but most of my targets are nowhere close to 10 meters in size. That is why I am working on a UAV to accomplish the task, where I control resolution, not NASA.

hvs

Dec 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
which company does accomplishthat that services?I need satellite images that detect buried underground.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but I am not aware of any such services available to the public. That is still the domain of the military and NASA. And if you are operating in the US, current law prohibits the commercial use of drones/UAV's. So you would have to do what I am doing, and build your own...

gmradar

Mar 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think this is the best method. Unless you are looking for something quite big. It will detect mainly shallow deformations as an indication of something hidden beneath. There is no service provider but you can either buy satelite pictures and process them or consult a company who do that.

iziksa

May 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im looking to Software Engineer Geo-physics
that can build Software for me based on NMR (frequency ) or Infra/Thermos to analyze Satellite images
to detect underground objects,,

we willing to pay Top money for build it , need to make sure it working on site .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread