Today out.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Hi everyone. Driving me mad trying to find a new home to live in recently. Spent two hours this morning searching in our area for one. No luck.
Misses said "go out for a bit a take your mind off of it"
I took her advice. Even though there each time I took a break I checked on my messages. No joy.
But detecting was ok. Great old place I knew from yrs ago. Took my 705 but as I pulled up it was "for crying out loud, I forgot the 6" coil bolt!" The Xterra 6" coil has a longer coil bolt than the 10" eliptical coil. I couldn't use the 6 which I wanted to. Still, was a good day. Lots of junk which is why I wanted to use the smaller 6. But was happy. All up id say 1.5 grams. Best was 1/2 gram, the dirty mid size bit and was a few inches deep. Very queit ground and was why, running the 705 on 27 sensitivity.
Great day and ultra happy to just be out and find anything.👍😀
Where I was. In the middle of the picture you see in the far distance a hill with green trees on top. They are pine trees. Probably its 50km away. That is Mount Franklin. An extinct volcano. Used to be able to go there and from a mineral spring there get pure mineral water all you want. Coca Cola purchased the rights 😠 and now all you can do is picnic there. No mineral water.
IMG_20220329_132446_999~2.jpg

Here were lots of spiders webs on prickly bushes. Totally covered. Like ghost webs.
IMG_20220329_155025_733.jpg

IMG_20220329_154915_558.jpg

Wanted bad to use the 6" round there but the 10" eliptical did a good job and was very happy.
IMG_20220329_160825_048~2.jpg

The third smallest there above was the best with half a g. Was stoked happy with the depth. I actually spent a few minutes checking to make sure that was the only target!
IMG_20220329_160937_474.jpg

Great day out 🙂

Attachments

• IMG_20220329_160942_706~2.jpg
    IMG_20220329_160942_706~2.jpg
    705.1 KB · Views: 29
Upvote 23
OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Love seeing the pics of the site your detecting Chilli, looks very rugged and unforgiving.
Beautiful quartz/gold specimens. :thumbsup:
Thanks. I first went there in the 90s with my late father. He went there before me and found utterly amazing Quartz crystals. He loved looking for that type of thing. They were outstanding! Huge and perfect clusters. My brother in-law offered to have them mounted. My father never saw them again. Needless to say I have nothing to do with that side of my family. Honestly, they were amazing clusters. I still look for them when I go there like he found, but have never seen any in yrs there. I love that place as I have many memories going there younger with my father. Iv found, and actually my misses has found the best, in some other places, but those my father got were outstanding!
Eye popping specimens.
Im sure the mongrel sold them.
Hey, such is life. Lessons learnt.
But yeah, I absolutely love that area and its like home to me.👍
Know it like the back of my hand.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The site must be in an elevated area a tad, seeing all that distance away. (Got to love the mega Corps. taking control of the natural springs)
Spider webs on the prickly great match up, good place to be, I'd see it as a warning not to touch. :laughing7:

Well done on the recoveries! :occasion14:
Hope that it lightened up the mood, and took the mind off the pressure of buying a home.
(From the top of Uluru was the only spot I have seen the curvature of the planet)

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
The site must be in an elevated area a tad, seeing all that distance away. (Got to love the mega Corps. taking control of the natural springs)
Spider webs on the prickly great match up, good place to be, I'd see it as a warning not to touch. :laughing7:

Well done on the recoveries! :occasion14:
Hope that it lightened up the mood, and took the mind off the pressure of buying a home.
(From the top of Uluru was the only spot I have seen the curvature of the planet)
Hi. Never been to Uluru. Wanted to years ago doing a big road camp trip. But got pretty ill and had to go home. Did a great top end of QLD trip fishing and camping but was cut short.
Nah, not buying a home, renting. Very very short supply here. We just discussed buying a big tent, with other stuff and living in the bush. Our times running out to move. Real estates are only taking high earners. Which is not us. Covid sent city people to our country town areas, cashed up, and took everything working from home and buying homes and offering well above rent prices. Our rents and sells prices went right up. We are not even getting a look in! 3 yrs ago rents were for a house 200 to 280, now 350 to 450. Buy, average 200 k to 300k now 450k too 600k.
Don't think we'll be living here much longer.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. Driving me mad trying to find a new home to live in recently. Spent two hours this morning searching in our area for one. No luck.
I took her advice. Even though there each time I took a break I checked on my messages. No joy.
But detecting was ok. Great old place I knew from yrs ago. Took my 705 but as I pulled up it was "for crying out loud, I forgot the 6" coil bolt!" The Xterra 6" coil has a longer coil bolt than the 10" eliptical coil. I couldn't use the 6 which I wanted to. Still, was a good day. Lots of junk which is why I wanted to use the smaller 6. But was happy. All up id say 1.5 grams. Best was 1/2 gram, the dirty mid size bit and was a few inches deep. Very queit ground and was why, running the 705 on 27 sensitivity.
Where I was. In the middle of the picture you see in the far distance a hill with green trees on top. They are pine trees. Probably its 50km away. That is Mount Franklin. An extinct volcano. Used to be able to go there and from a mineral spring there get pure mineral water all you want. Coca Cola purchased the rights 😠 and now all you can do is picnic there. No mineral water.
View attachment 2018000
Here were lots of spiders webs on prickly bushes. Totally covered. Like ghost webs.
View attachment 2018001
View attachment 2018002
Wanted bad to use the 6" round there but the 10" eliptical did a good job and was very happy.
View attachment 2018005
The third smallest there above was the best with half a g. Was stoked happy with the depth. I actually spent a few minutes checking to make sure that was the only target!
View attachment 2018004
Great day out 🙂
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. Never been to Uluru. Wanted to years ago doing a big road camp trip. But got pretty ill and had to go home. Did a great top end of QLD trip fishing and camping but was cut short.
Nah, not buying a home, renting. Very very short supply here. We just discussed buying a big tent, with other stuff and living in the bush. Our times running out to move. Real estates are only taking high earners. Which is not us. Covid sent city people to our country town areas, cashed up, and took everything working from home and buying homes and offering well above rent prices. Our rents and sells prices went right up. We are not even getting a look in! 3 yrs ago rents were for a house 200 to 280, now 350 to 450. Buy, average 200 k to 300k now 450k too 600k.
Don't think we'll be living here much longer.
Same over here alot of wealthy city and out of state people love moving up here to live in the country setting .Several times I can be mowing the grass and see a car stopped on the road and I’m thinking they need directions and I approach them and they say that we like your house and would you like to sell

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2018000
View attachment 2018001
View attachment 2018002
View attachment 2018005
View attachment 2018004
Great day out 🙂
Glad to see that you could ease and take some stress off..
It’s amazing that you can go searching and find gold so near the surface and have you ever thought to search in the water for nuggets.
Our first house years ago required plenty of work and most people would have passed on it so perhaps that might be a option
Best of Luck in your search my friend

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Glad to see that you could ease and take some stress off..
It’s amazing that you can go searching and find gold so near the surface and have you ever thought to search in the water for nuggets.
Our first house years ago required plenty of work and most people would have passed on it so perhaps that might be a option
Best of Luck in your search my friend
Hi, thanks. No very very dry area we live for water hunting. Between here and places north, south, west, very very dry areas. Just 2 rivers. And by your US versions they are creeks at best. Often stop running and were never known as gold water ways. Even fishing in them is near useless. See some turtles here and there in places. The fisheries did a water electro fish in one just 3 yrs ago. They got near zero natives from them and very few European carp. Apparently 50 yrs ago they were ok. But in my life, since a kid from the 60s they are useless. The one east, is ok for fish but was mad dredged for gold in the late 1890s to the early 1900s. Forget anything other than panning for specks. In the 1980s some did and were allowed to dive dredge but they broke every rule imagined. I knew one and I stopped wanting to know him, he poisoned trees on the banks to undercut them, and I know, should say as they are gone now, knew the farmers who let me fish for trout on their private properties. He and his friends were dogs and ruined that type of thing.
But hey, im happy doing what I do 👍🙂

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread