Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's Find: Large Dark Chalcedony Agate

I posted this in the Rock/Gem forum, so if I'm cross-posting somehow; sorry in advance mods.

I found this 6-8 lb. piece of Agate in the yard today here in the Tennessee mountains.

Dry:
125_1689.JPG

Wet:
125_1690.JPG
125_1693.JPG
125_1694.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 2

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is pretty. Do you do any rock work, or are you considering getting someone to try to polish it up for you? A beautiful find.
I live/work/hunt in S. Korea. I do find geodes, but so far haven't found one with anything to polish inside. Takes a bit to break them open. But the Koreans are big fans of rock
like what you found. Great find.

OP
OP
BurntBear

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you! I stumbled across this (literally) in the yard. I picked it up out of the soil and started to clean it off. I immediately noticed the light-brown rings and I knew what I had. I am going to cut this piece so it has a nice, flat side showing. It will go on the shelf most likely, seeing as though it is the largest agate I've found. I will post pictures of this process as well. Thanks for the kind words. -Luke

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to see it cut & polished!! Don't let us down.......post pictures!!!!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
BurntBear

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Just need some time for this one. It's going to be a beauty. I will definitely post pictures of the progress!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread