Todays Miracle Berry Harvest

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 6 miracle berry bushes, here is harvest of two, with hundreds not ready to pick yet.

Miracle berries will make anything sour, tart or bitter sweet, I use them instead of sugar, they make all citrus super sweet, even sweet strawberries are sweeter, great if you like grapefruit as no sugar needed. Just don't eat one then drink a beer unless you like sweet beer. LOL

20210731_092201.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synsepalum_dulcificum

MidMoTreasure

Jul 2, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you grow them this far north on Missouri or are they too fond of the Florida lifestyle?

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you grow them this far north on Missouri or are they too fond of the Florida lifestyle?

You would have to grow them in a green house or inside your home in a sunny spot, they will not survive freezing temperatures. Miracle berry originated in west Africa.

You could grow them in a large pot and put them outside when temperatures are constant above 32 F and then bring them into a sunny window in winters. They can be grown from seed but takes about 7 years to bear fruit as they are very slow growing bush. I have been growing them for over 10 years outside here, they do see sub freezing temps here but not often and sub 32 doesn't last long in Orlando. If you were closer

I would send you some if you lived closer, I would have to ship them over night, they would go bad in snail mail. I pick them and freeze them then when I want to use one take it out of freezer and pop it in my mouth, I peal them with my teeth like a grape, no hands, but once frozen the skin comes off fairly quickly in your mouth when it thaws. I have sold them locally at 15 berries for $10 to people I didn't know but I grow them for my own use and do give them to friends.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread