Todays POG and the world implodes???!!!!

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maitland

Mar 15, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Detector(s) used
White's Silver Eagle, Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
These markets, especially the precious metals sector, are so over-manipulated it's not even funny. Really makes me wonder how there hasn't yet been another economic catastrophe worse than The Great Depression. The government has assured us many times over the last few years that things aren't bad though, so surely things must be okay... :icon_scratch:

How long can this keep going on through? Scary times we live in!

OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be the WWII gold China sent via 2 battle ships to the US at the beginning of the war for safe keeping. Supposedly it was stored in the Wold Trade Center for safe keeping and on 9/11 was "lost" as a result. Your tin foil hat size may vary................

ratled

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Could be the WWII gold China sent via 2 battle ships to the US at the beginning of the war for safe keeping. Supposedly it was stored in the Wold Trade Center for safe keeping and on 9/11 was "lost" as a result. Your tin foil hat size may vary................

ratled
Yeah I had heard that ratled. The internet is full of funny stories.

China only had one light cruiser at the beginning of WWII. They had two, in the mid 1930's, before the war but the Japanese sank the other one in the previous Sino war. Other than that their "battleships" consisted of a few armored trade vessels from the 1800's.

China, a communist country, had no diplomatic relations with the U.S. until 1979. I'm not sure why anyone would think they would send all their gold to a country that wouldn't even recognize their right to exist?

The World Trade center wasn't built until 1973.

China has less than a ton of gold on deposit with the IMF to cover their SPDR obligations. Compared to the 30,000 tons they hold in China I'm guessing they aren't too worried about the gold in the IMF. Other than that I don't know of any gold on deposit outside China.

My head is way too big for any standard size tin foil hat so I gave up wearing them when I grew up. :laughing7:

Heavy Pans

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread