tomcat detector

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
OP
OP
O

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
thanks jimbog.
i tried google so far no good luck, i will try again.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm fairly certain this was an early off-resonance design. Most of the problems with them stemmed from the coil and this could be a real problem for you.

Off-resonance gave better discrimination than the detectors of the day but depth wasn't to good and working on a sort of reversed induction balance principle with the detector operating in an off balance state then the target bringing the detector into balance wasn't easy to achieve. C-Scope in the U.K. ended up replacing all the detectors they had sold that worked on this principle and replacing them with a standard VLF design !

OP
OP
O

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
thanks for the replies and help with the c&g . the man that owns it came
and took it home so i guess our quest for any help is now over.
if i see this man i will find out if he wants to sell it, he gave 5.00 for
it at a yard sale, ( i must not hit the right ones) i will offer at least
double his money-lol
i need it pile with the other ones i dont use-lol :help:
thanks again for your help

bakkhoe

Jan 26, 2017
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox800; F75 ltd2; V3i; Tiger Shark; DeLeon; Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting