Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evan Kovacs, is my wife's cousin.....I have not met him yet but I'm looking forward to it soon. He is featured in the show, and has done some great stuff !! The ocean runs in the blood of both my family and my wife's!!

OP
OP
barney

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
Evan Kovacs, is my wife's cousin.....I have not met him yet but I'm looking forward to it soon. He is featured in the show, and has done some great stuff !! The ocean runs in the blood of both my family and my wife's!!

Evan is a dear friend who I have been diving with for close to 20 years. Top shelf dude!
Small world!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I've been in the family for awhile, but I haven't got the opportunity to meet him yet...I think we would get on well....I will reach out and say hello !!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Folks, if you do the research you'll find that the loss of ships,
airplanes, etc. in the "Bermuda Triangle" is essentially no different
from any other like sized area.

Rumors and theories have been perpetuated by the fictional
stories told about Flight 19, etc.

If there was truly danger there, the insurance companies that
insure aircraft and ships would be charging higher rates for
ships and planes that cross that area frequently.

They don't.

But it is fun to think about a place with so many mysterious
legends that have been told through the years. :occasion14:

OP
OP
barney

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
Folks, if you do the research you'll find that the loss of ships,
airplanes, etc. in the "Bermuda Triangle" is essentially no different
from any other like sized area.

Rumors and theories have been perpetuated by the fictional
stories told about Flight 19, etc.

If there was truly danger there, the insurance companies that
insure aircraft and ships would be charging higher rates for
ships and planes that cross that area frequently.

They don't.

But it is fun to think about a place with so many mysterious
legends that have been told through the years. :occasion14:

My pet name for the area is the Bullshit Triangle.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
It's the same year after year over and over.

The same tired old stories get presented just by a different face.

OP
OP
barney

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
It's the same year after year over and over.

The same tired old stories get presented just by a different face.

So you've already seen the show? And saw the wreck we identified as the SANDRA, and the three aircraft wrecks we explore? Hope you enjoyed it!

marconi beach

Jun 28, 2015
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
teknetics
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Evan

So you've already seen the show? And saw the wreck we identified as the SANDRA, and the three aircraft wrecks we explore? Hope you enjoyed it!

Evan is a great guy and close with my buddy Richie Kohler

Whydahdiver

GreenHiker

Jul 8, 2010
GA, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ20, Garrett
Congratulations Barney! The show was a great collaboration with high tech equipment and search methods yielding nice targets and underwater wreck footage. Just when you think Barney's part in the show is done, he comes around at the end with a surprise find. Good, honest counterpoints to the Bermuda Triangle mystique made it a serious adventure/historical search and less of a campfire ghost story. Thanks again for taking us along on your journeys!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Taped the show and just watched it. Yet another compilation of EVERYTHING we have seen before put together with a new cast, new equipment, and zero results. Glad I taped it. Fast Forwarded through at least two-thirds of it. Way disappointed. :skullflag:

OP
OP
barney

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
Taped the show and just watched it. Yet another compilation of EVERYTHING we have seen before put together with a new cast, new equipment, and zero results. Glad I taped it. Fast Forwarded through at least two-thirds of it. Way disappointed. :skullflag:

OK.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Well, that's the Bermuda Triangle Mystery solved for this year.

Next year we can all look forward to a new series of 'Some Random Talking Head presents; The Same Mysteries of the World Solved Again'.

I mean, come on, the Bermuda Triangle? How many shows have been done about that already?

The trouble is there is so much need to fill airtime by cable channels that these type of shows are getting greenlit more frequently. But they just keep rehashing the same old subjects in high rotation now to make content instead of doing something new.

Hell, I know a producer who did the same 'mystery' story 4 times in the same series just to get enough episodes made by changing the title and angle a little each time.

Last edited:

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was a good show as I like to see the underwater wrecks. What I don't get is why don't they detect the swamp for more wreckage.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone watch the History Channel (now just called 'History') in the expectation that it will live up to it's title? It's just an 'entertainment' channel, with an increasingly strong bias towards sensationalism for mass audiences.

As the 'Forbes' contributor Brad Lockwood observed, the channel's focus on pseudoarchaeology instead of documented facts, and the addition of "programs devoted to monsters, aliens, and conspiracies" can be attributed to a perceived intent of boosting the network's ratings.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd rather watch Drunk History any day.

OP
OP
barney

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
Does anyone watch the History Channel (now just called 'History') in the expectation that it will live up to it's title? It's just an 'entertainment' channel, with an increasingly strong bias towards sensationalism for mass audiences.

As the 'Forbes' contributor Brad Lockwood observed, the channel's focus on pseudoarchaeology instead of documented facts, and the addition of "programs devoted to monsters, aliens, and conspiracies" can be attributed to a perceived intent of boosting the network's ratings.

Is that truly a reflection on the network, or on the television audience's interests/desires? Sadly, I think it's the latter...

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that truly a reflection on the network, or on the television audience's interests/desires? Sadly, I think it's the latter...

It's all about the money... and ratings are what creates the money via commercial breaks.

OP
OP
barney

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
It's all about the money... and ratings are what creates the money via commercial breaks.

Exactly. So the networks put whatever on the TV captures the most eyeballs. And in this case, for better or worse, Bermuda Triangle draws in those eyeballs. I do my best to avoid that nonsense and stick to actual exploration and identification, and for this show we were able to identify one shipwreck and two aircraft in a single diving day. I'm happy with those results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread