TOO MANY DEBUNKERS AND NO BUNKERS

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
When I first joined this treasure hunting site it was full of intelligent men and women who clearly had the same goals. That was to learn and gain knowledge of treasures, signs, and symbols and how and where to look for them along with deciphering symbols and the proper use of them in the field. It sickens me to read some of the garbage that is written nowadays on these so-called threads and fills me to the brim with the arrogance of those who wrote it down and allowed it to be viewed by the public as anything more than a form of graffiti. In my studies, I have been drawn to understand that most people deserve to be left in the dark for good reason. However, if it were not for the good nature of those people who I found and met on this website years ago I would still be finding my way to the light. So with that in mind, I will use this platform to continue on my path and help anyone who is hungry I meet along my way. Proof lies in the eyes of the beholder, it is he who holds the keys that keep the masses without light. Insert Albert Pike refferance here......
“Masonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled; to conceal the Truth, which it calls Light from them and to draw them away from it.

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C., a lot of the intelligent people you speak of have since sadly passed away or moved away from the Forums due to reasons you mention above. Some, like me, read your posts and conduct our own research on the side. A lot of us cannot travel to your location so we are limited in our participation with your quest. Your take on your quest has a different path due to the enormous amount of research and historical evidence you have uncovered. That makes you unique and very interesting to follow. Keep posting, I for one, read all of your posts with interest. Take care and good luck in your quest.
Dirt

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first joined this treasure hunting site it was full of intelligent men and women who clearly had the same goals. It sickens me to read some of the garbage that is written nowadays on these so-called threads and fills me to the brim with the arrogance of those who wrote it down and allowed it to be viewed by the public as anything more than a form of graffiti.

I hear you. Many threads are nothing more than a confirmation bias fest. The outcome already pre-determined in their minds. In those threads, there is no desire to seek out the truth or weight the facts and evidence. Anything that doesn't confirm their belief, is dismissed out of hand.

A great example was a thread several months ago where there were carvings on a tree that was in an old Cemetery. It was thought by the OP that the tree was 200-300+ years old and the carvings lead to treasures dating around or before the civil war and maybe even indicated treasure was under the tree. When presented with actual aerial photo's of the very tree in question from the 1950's(as well as a myriad of other cross check evidence), it showed undeniably and irrefutably that the tree was just a young sapling in 1955 and in no way could it date anywhere near the Civil War, but they still refused to alter their view. They weren't open to learning or new evidence, they had a narrative and no facts or evidence were going to change it.

So don't lump all "denbunkers" in the same pot. True, some just want to dismiss everything and argue, but some of them are actually interested in the evidence, the facts and a true understanding of what they are looking at. As my sig says, "You don't win a debate by suppressing discussion, you win it with a better argument" So next time you think you have debunker, attack/argue the merits and evidence of the claim, not the poster.

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like all the stories,even the one about the tree and symbols,Though I agree with GoDeep on that one.I very seldom try to debunk any obvious misinformation unless I have irrefutable rebuttals to that presented.I,ll give the person incentive on occasion just to see how far out they go on their assertions.I find it amusing! If I find the story so far out as to be damaging to my sanity,why,I just go elsewhere. Like I said,I enjoy all the stories, if they,re not true,they oughta be.Keep on laughing!

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
There are certainly some legitimate treasures out there just waiting to be found and the signs are there just waiting for someone to figure them out. But there are just as many wild goose chases with just no credible evidence what so ever that any treasure even exists. Not every shadow on a tree or rock indicates there is a pile of gold nearby. But as Go Deep indicates, even when some ridiculous "evidence" is clearly debunked, the "true believers" just can't seem to ever admit they were mistaken. The first time someone finds that pile of treasure that I scoffed at as just being a myth, I would certainly admit to being wrong, an idiot and a fool.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are certainly some legitimate treasures out there just waiting to be found and the signs are there just waiting for someone to figure them out. But there are just as many wild goose chases with just no credible evidence what so ever that any treasure even exists. Not every shadow on a tree or rock indicates there is a pile of gold nearby. But as Go Deep indicates, even when some ridiculous "evidence" is clearly debunked, the "true believers" just can't seem to ever admit they were mistaken. The first time someone finds that pile of treasure that I scoffed at as just being a myth, I would certainly admit to being wrong, an idiot and a fool.
Well done!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Members are allowed to have a different opinion or different view of a treasure story. It is like a TV station, don't like the program switch channels.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Members are allowed to have a different opinion or different view of a treasure story. It is like a TV station, don't like the program switch channels.
Right on, and some of the simplest examples we see are people posting pictures of natural rocks and thinking they are Native American Effigies, and even after a dozen people with experience tell them it's just a rock, they call YOU the stupid one who doesn't know what you are talking about. Studies have shown that people are more likely to stick with what they believe in, even after it's been shown to be completely false.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on, and some of the simplest examples we see are people posting pictures of natural rocks and thinking they are Native American Effigies, and even after a dozen people with experience tell them it's just a rock, they call YOU the stupid one who doesn't know what you are talking about. Studies have shown that people are more likely to stick with what they believe in, even after it's been shown to be completely false.
Yes. But as treasure suggested, turn the cannel and not let it frustrate you. I have had the same thing happen to me more than once. When it happens to me if they are real belligerent I may even hit ignore on them or more likely, I get real flippant with my posts. I have seen your posts. Very sharp and informative. Do not let them bug you.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. But as treasure suggested, turn the cannel and not let it frustrate you. I have had the same thing happen to me more than once. When it happens to me if they are real belligerent I may even hit ignore on them or more likely, I get real flippant with my posts. I have seen your posts. Very sharp and informative. Do not let them bug you.
Yeah, turning the channel is often the easiest, but i do love a good debate of the facts, so long as it doesn't devolve into name calling.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, turning the channel is often the easiest, but i do love a good debate of the facts, so long as it doesn't devolve into name calling.
Yes me too my friend. But I am a type A so get irritated easily. So I turn channel or get silly on them. Easy for me to get silly. I am naturally silly.

Have a great night, mate

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What gets me is that there,s so much information available at the click of a key.Do a little honest research before you assert your claim!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What gets me is that there,s so much information available at the click of a key.Do a little honest research before you assert your claim!
Amen. Champion post. You can find out about anything you want with a few clicks.
A few problems with that. In my opinion. They are either too lazy to do that or they already did that and the result they saw did not fit the narrative in their mind for their "treasure".

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I hear you. Many threads are nothing more than a confirmation bias fest. The outcome already pre-determined in their minds. In those threads, there is no desire to seek out the truth or weight the facts and evidence. Anything that doesn't confirm their belief, is dismissed out of hand.

A great example was a thread several months ago where there were carvings on a tree that was in an old Cemetery. It was thought by the OP that the tree was 200-300+ years old and the carvings lead to treasures dating around or before the civil war and maybe even indicated treasure was under the tree. When presented with actual aerial photo's of the very tree in question from the 1950's(as well as a myriad of other cross check evidence), it showed undeniably and irrefutably that the tree was just a young sapling in 1955 and in no way could it date anywhere near the Civil War, but they still refused to alter their view. They weren't open to learning or new evidence, they had a narrative and no facts or evidence were going to change it.

So don't lump all "denbunkers" in the same pot. True, some just want to dismiss everything and argue, but some of them are actually interested in the evidence, the facts and a true understanding of what they are looking at. As my sig says, "You don't win a debate by suppressing discussion, you win it with a better argument" So next time you think you have debunker, attack/argue the merits and evidence of the claim, not the poster.
I agree with you wholeheartedly and 101%. Debunking facts from fiction is what got me where I am at today. Fiction in history books has many believers and anything new you show the masses will be considered misinformation no matter how many facts you can provide to them. The "DEBUNKERS" that I was referring to have no purpose in their ramblings and seem to troll actual treasure hunters to try and prove them wrong on anything no matter its relevance to the search, and not in a helpful way. I mean the last thing that I would want to do is waste time searching for something that was not real or had been disproven, that would be different, and helpful! It just seems to me that if everybody at the table is there to dine and be a critic, what did they actually bring to the table to share? I would consider "questions" a good covered dish for the hungry and the host.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I like all the stories,even the one about the tree and symbols,Though I agree with GoDeep on that one.I very seldom try to debunk any obvious misinformation unless I have irrefutable rebuttals to that presented.I,ll give the person incentive on occasion just to see how far out they go on their assertions.I find it amusing! If I find the story so far out as to be damaging to my sanity,why,I just go elsewhere. Like I said,I enjoy all the stories, if they,re not true,they oughta be.Keep on laughing!
Yes, I read them all, but I don't like to go away from the table still hungry! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Admitting to being wrong is what keeps you from being an idiot and a fool. We learn from our errors. Some of us three or four times just to be sure, but we do learn!:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
That is true, but why are you a member, and what brought you there? If there is no good reason then I believe a channel change IS in order!

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
You have read about casting pearls, haven't you?:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread