TOO MANY DEBUNKERS AND NO BUNKERS

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes. But as treasure suggested, turn the cannel and not let it frustrate you. I have had the same thing happen to me more than once. When it happens to me if they are real belligerent I may even hit ignore on them or more likely, I get real flippant with my posts. I have seen your posts. Very sharp and informative. Do not let them bug you.
Right on, and some of the simplest examples we see are people posting pictures of natural rocks and thinking they are Native American Effigies, and even after a dozen people with experience tell them it's just a rock, they call YOU the stupid one who doesn't know what you are talking about. Studies have shown that people are more likely to stick with what they believe in, even after it's been shown to be completely false.

Yeah, turning the channel is often the easiest, but i do love a good debate of the facts, so long as it doesn't devolve into name calling.
I understand what you are saying, but turning the channel is what kept me outside the restaurant altogether once I figured out there was nothing good on. I did not even make it to a table. In other words, I was still hungry, and to satisfy myself I had to look for another venue altogether. :dontknow:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
What gets me is that there,s so much information available at the click of a key.Do a little honest research before you assert your claim!
I can attest to blurting some unproven "theory" out to save myself some time. After a few years, I gained a following of Debunkers just looking for anything they could find to flap their gums about in a negative way. Hell, one of my trolls even went so far as to make a thread just for their own gloating. The thing was it was just me trying to save time in the archives to find out the names of people attending a private function on site in 1905. Once I figured out all the time they were spending trying to disprove me, I used it to my advantage. It was helpful to learn who they really were in the photo, but it had absolutely NO bearing whatsoever on the facts of the matter at hand. In other words, they were boasting about nothing but what I wanted to know in the first place! I cast pearls at them until I just started throwing rocks...........and then I didn't bother changing the channel, I just turned it off. :angry4:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Amen. Champion post. You can find out about anything you want with a few clicks.
A few problems with that. In my opinion. They are either too lazy to do that or they already did that and the result they saw did not fit the narrative in their mind for their "treasure".
I understand exactly what you are saying. I started back when there were NO computers. The web is a God's Blessing for the hungry! However, some things are not available online. My father and I have traveled to two different state archives and sat with real artifacts in white-gloved hands for days at a time to shed light on what we wanted to know. Here is a shocker, the low-down dirty is never in the history books, especially if the guilty parties in question wrote the history book! Personal diaries are good, but again, the low-down dirty will not be in their own diary unless it is in code. In Orville Browning's case, he has two diaries. One is readily available and covers everything in his life right up to the moment the feces hit the rotary oscillator. The other is very hard to find and covers from that moment on until he died. Inside it, I found the answers I was looking for, but the low-down dirty still had to be realized. Was it tangible evidence? To me, yes it was because I was the one who put thousands of hours dollars, and miles into holding that book and other things in my own two hands.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C., a lot of the intelligent people you speak of have since sadly passed away or moved away from the Forums due to reasons you mention above. Some, like me, read your posts and conduct our own research on the side. A lot of us cannot travel to your location so we are limited in our participation with your quest. Your take on your quest has a different path due to the enormous amount of research and historical evidence you have uncovered. That makes you unique and very interesting to follow. Keep posting, I for one, read all of your posts with interest. Take care and good luck in your quest.
Dirt
Thank you for noticing my efforts. Have you found out anything new?📝

:icon_thumleft:

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a researcher and a collector of history. When someone ascerts a claim on the forums, I start researching. Many times I have been able to determine through research the claim is either mistaken or the poster is telling stories. There are also those who have legitimate lesds or finds. I keep my responses to the facts. For I do like story telling, even if its fiction, and for the serious treasure hunter, I will provide what reserch I have that may add to their search. Keep posting, keep searching, keep the forums alive. This is a very small community of explorers and searchers that continue to keep me interested in this aspect of our great countries history.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I am a researcher and a collector of history. When someone ascerts a claim on the forums, I start researching. Many times I have been able to determine through research the claim is either mistaken or the poster is telling stories. There are also those who have legitimate lesds or finds. I keep my responses to the facts. For I do like story telling, even if its fiction, and for the serious treasure hunter, I will provide what reserch I have that may add to their search. Keep posting, keep searching, keep the forums alive. This is a very small community of explorers and searchers that continue to keep me interested in this aspect of our great countries history.
Good game plan. Works well when searching out obvious factual information, but remember, documented facts are also only as reliable as those who produce the documents.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Socrates then examines the two categories of persons who do not partake in philosophy:

1. Gods and sages, because they are wise;
  2. Senseless people, because they think they are wise.
The position of the philosopher is between these two groups. The philosopher is not wise, but possesses the self-awareness of lacking wisdom, and thus pursues it.

I guess that makes us philosophers then?:laughing7:

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or only as good as what the original writer saw fit to tell you as the truth in order to protect the guilty.
sdcfia and LC, spot on comments! A couple of books I recommend to anyone interested in treasure hunting. I found the historical background to be informative and fascinating in each book. (1) "New Mexico Confidential, 30 Years of Snooping in Obscure Places". (2) "The Ones That Got Away, Knights of the Golden Circle Exposed". (I'll let the reader figure out who the author's are). :coffee2:

Dirt

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
sdcfia and LC, spot on comments! A couple of books I recommend to anyone interested in treasure hunting. I found the historical background to be informative and fascinating in each book. (1) "New Mexico Confidential, 30 Years of Snooping in Obscure Places". (2) "The Ones That Got Away, Knights of the Golden Circle Exposed". (I'll let the reader figure out who the author's are). :coffee2:

Dirt
I own a tattered copy of both of them. Steves's book has a very similar situation in it to us and was of great interest to me. He is a great guy and willing to help anyone. I still want to get down his way someday. Bob Brewer's books and knowledge have been a reel eye-opener for my Father and me. Although we have never spoken on a personal level, I have admired and learned from Bob's work and videos from afar.

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I won’t call myself ’intelligent’, necessarily, lol… I quit looking at t’net about 10 or so years ago due to the bickering and arguments. At that time there was also a lot of information being put out that was wrong, and I found it taxing and a huge time sink if there was something I was actually trying research. I do miss tnet though, but so many have left, never to return-including those who have passed away. Still, having dropped in recently, I see that there is some good info, some dang smart individuals, and some productive conversations happening. So I’ll lurk like I generally used to, lol and jump in here and there!

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C., a lot of the intelligent people you speak of have since sadly passed away or moved away from the Forums due to reasons you mention above. Some, like me, read your posts and conduct our own research on the side. A lot of us cannot travel to your location so we are limited in our participation with your quest. Your take on your quest has a different path due to the enormous amount of research and historical evidence you have uncovered. That makes you unique and very interesting to follow. Keep posting, I for one, read all of your posts with interest. Take care and good luck in your quest.
Dirt
How about a heads up on who all has road on ahead of us so we can pay some respect.?:dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread